Rims

yagamuffin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finding new 32-hole, 26 inch silver rims seems impossible these days. Besides the crazy priced NOS stuff that appears on eBay every so often does anyone know anywhere that sells them?

I've got some nice NOS hubs that I want to build in to nice new wheels but it seems impossible. I thought I was in luck with SUN CR18 at SJS but they don't do 32-hole.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy just something of a reasonable quality.

And I thought they had been replaced by the andra range, very strong apparently, spa sell those too.

Sputnik are heavy. Really a touring rim...ie loaded bike, but super strong. I have the 700c version on my tourer.

There are still mavics out there xm317 for example.... in fact i snagged a pair from a lbs for £20 a hoop a few weeks back, but 36 hole.

The other option is to try here......hes a "local".....

Sputniks are heavy, but much of that is from a thicker side wall which simply means that they last longer. Latterly Mavics have had very thin walls and a consequently short life.

St John Street Cycles list a range of 26" rims in stiock, from generic alloy rims at £8 each, through ranges by Sunn, Halo and Ryde to Hope rims at £80 each.

Back