Ridley X-Night CX build

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Loving the new sub-forum 😁

Having ventured into the world of gravel/cx/robust road bikes over the last couple of years with my faithful Specialized Crux elite, I recently came across this frameset which is an ex team frame in the Telenet Fidea livery from around 2008/9. It's integrated seatpost is my exact size so it was only right that I build it up!

I've nearly finished putting it together, but here's a pic of it half built with its new tyres. More to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_231642.jpg
    IMG_20220312_231642.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 96
Around 90% done now - need to wrap the bars and tweak the brakes. Took it for a quick ride round the block earlier today and its very comfortable in terms of bar height and drop and the integrated seat post couldn't be any better in terms of the fixed height 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220321_132158.jpg
    IMG_20220321_132158.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
Took it for its first foray into my local paths and tracks yesterday for a quick run in. Before wrapping the bars. Steering is a bit heavier than I think it ought to be so new bearings to be ordered. It's never ending!

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_171527.jpg
    IMG_20220327_171527.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
New headset bearings fitted alongside bar tape. No doubt I'll do it all again soon as I fancy some flared bars! Nonetheless she'll be in this guise for a while now!

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_162654.jpg
    IMG_20220403_162654.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 16
Oooh, one of the bikes on my bucket list is Ridley CX frameset. Not necessary one like yours, but definitely something carbon and Belgian.
But in looking for one I've got mixed up and got something carbon, Belgian and CX, but for some reason it says Zannata and not Ridley on it. But search is still on!
Say, do you experience brake stutter? Forks look massive and plenty stiff.

Oooh, one of the bikes on my bucket list is Ridley CX frameset. Not necessary one like yours, but definitely something carbon and Belgian.
But in looking for one I've got mixed up and got something carbon, Belgian and CX, but for some reason it says Zannata and not Ridley on it. But search is still on!
Say, do you experience brake stutter? Forks look massive and plenty stiff.
I have experienced a little bit of brake stutter... I think I just need to adjust the pads (or let them bed in a bit?!)

I have experienced a little bit of brake stutter... I think I just need to adjust the pads (or let them bed in a bit?!)
Bit of shame, but let us fiddle with bike some more, oh joy!
First time I experienced it this Sunday, after I picked up a bike and was horrified – rode only caliper and disk brakes before. I thought my fork was about to give out. But still, very few things beat canti-equipped carbon CX framesets in look department.

Back