Retro cars?

Well Mr Legs i must say your taste in cars is far better than your taste in music!

Respect to ya! Cheers,Al

I've always been into 60s American muscle cars, especially 1st gen Camaros and B & E body MoPars. One can't but love those bumblebee-tailed Dodges with big scoops and Hemi under the hood ! ;)

I got wed in June '06 and our wedding car was a white '70 Dodge Challenger R/T Convertible with a 502 stroker (450hp on rear wheels).
Sadly I don't own any other cars than a 2000 Ford Focus... :cry:

I can't even keep my retro bikes running - let alone retro cars. Would love a Lancia Delta Integrale but make do with a BMW X3!

al":1wovf3gl said:
Well Mr Legs i must say your taste in cars is far better than your taste in music!

Respect to ya! Cheers,Al

Period music for period cars my man! Fettling my '90's bikes is so much nicer when listening to Faith No More and Soundgarden! :D

DSC00711rs640.jpg

In the process of getting a new engine (c'mon, 2.5 isn't enough for anyone).

MM35.jpg

Daily beater / bike carrier... :cool:

Ziggy":xwv6nk2g said:
)

What's Rich sorting you out with then? I see he had a E36 M3 up there, is that going in or are you after a M30 conversion. Please don't do an eta crank 2.7! ;)

Stick Legs":25nwlfpw said:
Ziggy":25nwlfpw said:
)

What's Rich sorting you out with then? I see he had a E36 M3 up there, is that going in or are you after a M30 conversion. Please don't do an eta crank 2.7! ;)

Rich? M30's on the engine stand at the mo - would have been more hopeful of at least getting it in the car if GSF hadn't given me the wrong sump gasket though! :evil:

Rich Hearn, Fritz's Bits.

M30 is a good choice though. Any problems give Fritz a call as they have a lot of experience with these.

al":2n0shgya said:
Dont tell my mrs shes wanted one for years.

But then again if she does buy one i could justify getting an SM.

Hope your going to paint it black? They are fantastic in black and have a real sinister look about them.

Good luck with the build. Cheers,Al

Strangely, I was tempted by an SM, but wife said "No, it's nowhere near as pretty as the DS." Plus, I'd worry about their reliability record compared to the (usually very) reliable DS.

Get a DS23 Injection Electronique instead. They have 143 bhp, and are properly quick - capable of shocking older 911s in the traffic light grand prix. How about this one? or this one? - the second garage also have Obi Wan Kenobi's car for sale. How cool would that be to own?

It's getting painted this colour because that's what the plaque inside the engine bay says was its first colour - and it'll be less hot for cruising round Europe each summer. Oh, and it's a lovely understated, but very much of the period, colour.

Back