Retro cameras?

Always a nice, "fun" camera... I've got my eye on a Bronny SQ-A with an 80mm lens on the 'bay at the minute. It's still < £100, so I'm hoping it's going to stay reasonable!

For all the convenience of digital, I still love film.

oh gawd, too many to remember. f2's, F3's, F4s's (THE best looking camera ever designed IMO the F4s - by Gugario I believe). FA's Nikkormats, EOS 1's, 5's, 3's. Bronny's, Blad's....on and on.

Got rid of them all once and bought a Leica M6. Thought I'd be a purist. Purism didn't pay the bills and was quite annoying to actually capture anything that wasn't either dead, or inanimate due to not having been alive in the first place. :roll:

Of all of them , kind of wish I hadn't flogged my Yashicamat 124g TLR. That was a great camera. Good meter in it too.

Wouldn't trade current EOS's though. The 1's are bombproof. Well, me-proof anyway. :LOL:

I'm the same :D
I have complete camera and lens sets of Olympus OM2 and OM10, and bodies and a lens or two of the follwing, Nikon F, Pentax Asahi, Nikon F65, and a Rolleiflex TLR medium format. All work perfectly.

Use mainly a Nikon D80 nowadays, but always use it in complete manual mode with exception of the focusing. Still do the exposure estimations in my head or use an exposure meter as well! :D

eeee I've got some too, mostly bellows all cheap and more for decor than anything else. Have been looking at zenits on the bay, a zenit 11 was my first slr, look pretty cool now.

kaiser":3rbhaip7 said:
eeee I've got some too, mostly bellows all cheap and more for decor than anything else. Have been looking at zenits on the bay, a zenit 11 was my first slr, look pretty cool now.

I've been looking at Zenits too, TTLs... very cheap to buy :D I remember my dad had one when I was very young, prob around 1983, it got 'dropped' :LOL: and he went on to Contax/Yashica stuff.

We'd been talking about them at work and I seemed to remember the zenit photosniper. Anyone else recall these? Very cool :cool:

cover_b.jpg

Here is a pic of my stash...

Canon F1 - good as new!
Also a Minolta XE1 with a 17mm Rokkor fisheye.
For a compact I recommend the Canon Sureshot Supreme- cheap and bloody good. (I sold a Contax T3 in favour of it!)
Canon 8mm cine camera
Zeiss Binos
All kept in a Billingham bag of course!
Photo taken on a retro 2.1 MP Canon IXUS (top of the range in its day lol)

IMG_2446.jpg

Personaly own a Canon AE1 with motor wind attachment, and a shed load of lenses.

My father used to be a photographer for the British Geological Survey and has multiple nice bits from a Nikormat through to a couple of old lieca's.

only got a couple of old cameras now

an old agfa super sillette

2874175313_a7b24419e7.jpg

and a Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta

really nice bellows camera from the 40's (i think)

mvc-058s.jpg
[/img]

Back