retro bike spotted today.

Was wrenching at the local bike exchange on Saturday, where I found a '95 Marin Eldridge Grade, natural metal frame with red anno'd bits (Stem, bottle cages, barends etc.) in all but full dead stock excellent condition. The shifters (Full LX gruppo) were negative function. Flushed them with solvent, relubed, recable, replace some brake pads, and put it in the back of the stockade until the right rider comes along.

Beautiful machine.

J

Re:

Saw this outside Stafford station on Friday but was in a rush so couldn't take a snap. It was there again yesterday thankfully. Used but cared for Saracen Eiger. I'm guessing it's a 1994 or 1995 but I haven't checked.

3C496947-88D5-4056-9D08-4E9698AE82E5_zpsmnx0ogjj.jpg

Re:

I've been commuting past this D-locked Stevens for a very long time – years, may be. Don't think it's ever moved in that time. It's located across from an "artisan" bakers in side streets in the shadow of Arsenal's stadium. I think it did have a seatpost and saddle at one time. I'm not up on the brand but it's a bike that I've always especially noticed as I ride past and liked it's geometry and rich red paint and thought a tidy up and component upgrade would make a nice retro runaround. Went past it last night to see it had attracted an Islington Council "reported as abandoned" removal notice. What happens to bikes removed by councils?

Update: Today it was gone.

Attachments

• stevens.JPG
    stevens.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 765
Re:

A few of my spots.

Newbury town centre.
CTx1DaWWsAA1lFi.jpg

Downtown Bozeman, MT.
B-4Y1MPUsAENvwF.jpg

Also in Bozeman, The Gear Wizard;
B-z1UF4WwAAicS8.jpg

And...pretty sure this is the same Kirk as seen earlier in the thread;
B4lZF-KIUAAecIb.jpg

Re:

A few I have seen in the past week and a bit....

Stevens, GT Ricochet, proflex animal and what I think is an early voodoo.

RBG

IMAG2322_zps2qhfzt1b.jpg

IMAG2325_zpsijzsb6ye.jpg

IMAG2361_zpsubirmko7.jpg

IMAG2604_zpsgujgycvv.jpg

U-brake Zaskar. No lock. flat tyre. The garbage collection truck would come by this place in a hour or so...
I had that in my car boot already when a guy came running and told me it was his.
:facepalm:

I should have suggested to pay him some money...

Thias":1w9x9qtx said:

U-brake Zaskar. No lock. flat tyre. The garbage collection truck would come by this place in a hour or so...
I had that in my car boot already when a guy came running and told me it was his.
:facepalm:

I should have suggested to pay him some money...

What a sad sight and ending... did you lose out on the Zaskar?

I have no idea what is played at that spot. When I came by a few hours later, a different bike was standing at that exact same place. Again, no lock. And a suspicious dark skinned guy standing around and seemingly waiting for something.

Very wierd...

Re:

On my home tonight in sunny Worthing saw a very nice Diamond back , only a glimpse but it was silver with yellow forks , maybe quadra 21r or judy sl .

Very nice whatever it was :D

Back