Retro bike neck / back

Re:

As has been said, if you dont ride much when you do it feels uncomfortable. At my age for longer rides i prefer Ti everything now and riser bars....trust me it makes a huuuuuuge difference to comfort. Steel is fine for short rides though.

Attachments

• 15BE6EED-4EDB-40BF-BBB0-BB333370185C.jpeg
    15BE6EED-4EDB-40BF-BBB0-BB333370185C.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 102
Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":3k4iibst said:
I rode it again yesterday.... pain again! My road bike was much better so I think I'll stick it in storage for a bit. :(

If you want me to take it in and assess the bike for faults, let me know ;)

Could be any number of things really, slower speeds will place more of your weight on your hands, could also just be a trapped nerve or pulled muscle.

Mark

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":3jnnu8go said:
I rode it again yesterday.... pain again! My road bike was much better so I think I'll stick it in storage for a bit. :(

You took a tape measure out yet and measured it up against your road bike? One measurement I often use is from centre saddle to centre handlebar grips with bars dead straight forward, take that and compare it against your road bike saddle and centre of hood position and see what they come out like... I'd be interested to know. AS others have said a large/low angled helmet peak has caused me pain in the past, as has ill-fitting specs causing me to tilt my head further back so that i'm not looking over the top of them!

Back