Restore/Upgrade Kona Explosif

Quick update for you all, mainly just because I really appreciate all the helpful comments! (Also, just noticed FluffyChicken's comment and fully agreed).

I took on board much of your advice, but it's now a sit and wait job while the frame is away for a respray - very excited. So I decided to stick with the cantis (no discs, you'll be happy to hear) and keeping the original forks which I think everybody agreed should stay. Finally managed to get the seat post out and some gentle persuasion from a grinder got rid of the seized crank arm.

Decals have been ordered, but I may have disappointed a few of you as I didn't stick with the original designs.

As soon as I have something to show I'll upload a photo or two for constructive criticism :)

Cheers!

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":7outakvc said:
Without doubt a '92, but with '93 decals..... Most probably applied with the respray to current colour (as it's not exactly '92 spec)

Top tube is concept (oval with taper to seat tube) Down tube not ribbed, Bulged base of seat tube, No rack eyelets on seatstays.... '92 Prestige Concept frame

Nice thing is..... To take it back to former glory, all you need do is black frame, black fork (no ral required here) and some '92 decals from Gil..... Job done! :cool:

Agreed. Same frame as my '92 (recently finished my build). Mine was originally a gold frame tho. Its now a metalflake black.

This has 92 downtube decals and 93 spiral headtube logo. The correct one should be the same "K" as the downtube.

Have fun with it! Possibly one of the best steel frames ever!

Back