Rerouting the front mech cable on a Cannondale Scalpel

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm building up a 2012 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon and am tantalisingly close to being done. I'm using an XTR direct mount dual pull front mech with a 3x9 XTR drivetrain. Where the cable emerges from inside the frame near the BB there are two holes: see the picture below (which I took from elsewhere, so it shows a different mech):

photo-jpg.989939

However with the dual pull Shimano front mech rather than the type in the picture, I need it to route through the other hole, the on the right plugged up in the photo. What I can't figure out is how to do that. The cable goes up with the cable guide under the BB, and will only come out of the left hole. If you drop a cable end down the right hand hole it doesn't come out underneath either. Anyone know how I get it to route through the right hand hole??

Cheers! :cool:

Sorted! :) I'd forgotten my lesson from dealing with modern road bikes that with internally routed frames it's all about the cable sheath! I didn't manage to figure out how to remove the BB cable guide using the plastic nut (it didn't seem to turn before chewing up the head) but in any case I managed to lever the plastic cable guide out of the hole underneath where the cable routes through the frame behind the BB. From that point, with the hole free I could slide some plastic cable sheath down from the right hand hole on the top and then slide the inner cable through it so it came out of the right hole.

Back