Repro Deore XT

therealjaxon

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone seen these reproduction XT seatposts before?
Apart from the clamp which should be silver metal, any other way to tell a fake from genuine?
Don't want to get burned especially when my size I'm looking for is usually around £100
Cheers :)

EBay item - https://ebay.us/teyUVg

Had seen these myself, would like to know more also.

There are a few about for sale, most wanting top prices for them, its good how this seller actually states what they are, im sure they are a member on here too.

Hahaha well now I'm nervous! Literally bought one a couple of hours ago. Mines from a member here though an looks genuine in the photos.

Re:

As I'm actively looking for one, I have a saved eBay search so get notified regularly and there are loads about.
I'd imagine the only way to tell (apart from the clamp) is the weight `\_("/)_/`

Re:

Reproduction” sounds so much better than fake, snide, or knock off :LOL:

Lot of money for “reproduction” if you ask me ... £20 closer to the mark

Lacks of Shimano and height marks (search the seatpost)
That has Alu CNC machining marks down the tube, for a starters the post should be Cro-Mo

therealjaxon clamps should be black, not silver. Bolt should be silver.

This one isn't a defined at the to of the tube, fixing point. there are better repro's

Original by the looks of it
https://www.ebay.com/i/303590580596?chn=ps might want to grab these good pictures

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
they do repro posts to and they look much better in the styling too (I think)

Maybe you are thinking of the SP-M900 post ;-)

They are generic old-school Kalloy ones, I bought the same modell not too long ago, hoping it has a steel shaft - I was sooo wrong :evil: . The clamp looks very similar, in fact they're interchangeable with XT ones, if not a perfect fit, but still useable. It's also marginally lighter when they're used on the XT' head. It was a rather shameless XT copy back in the day, even the white "Kalloy" lettering was similar. I doubt these have cro-mo shaft though, as mine was alu also, therefore worth next to nothing in my eyes. If these have a steel shaft - well I bought new 27.2 x 350 mm USE titanium posts for less... :facepalm:

Back