Wanted Rear Hope XC Hub or Wheel

idrisrugby

Devout Dirtbag
Picked up a bargain Hope XC front wheel today in red.

After matching hub (32 hole) or wheel to build up. Ideally hub red to match.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Last edited:

chodjinn

Retro Guru
not quite the same but i do have a hope ti glide rear hub 32h, black QR laced to an atomlab pimplite rim. Had it built for my old dh bike but barely used it tbh. Needs new pawls/springs as i lost them

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Couple of points. Hope XC is 6 bolt, and finding 6 bolt rotors for brake systems that use the 165/185mm is bloody difficult. Which is something the Ti glide 5 bolt rotors are. So if you are using brakes that use 5 bolt rotors, getting them to fit correctly with standard size 160/180mm rotors is problematic.
Many of the early 6 bolt rotor brakes use IS, and even if you fit the 165/185mm rotor, you really need a post mount caliper so you can jack it up with some washers to make it fit the older style rotors.

idrisrugby

Devout Dirtbag
Thanks for the info.

Ideally looking for an xc hub or similar to match what I have. Currently running hope mono brakes with 180 front and 160 rear, both 6 bolt.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thanks for the info.

Ideally looking for an xc hub or similar to match what I have. Currently running hope mono brakes with 180 front and 160 rear, both 6 bolt.
Well you would indeed find it hard to find a 160 in 5 bolt pattern as the ti glide takes. I would hold off until you can find another XC hub.
This is always the problem when you buy a single wheel in a colour, its finding the matching one and few ever match totally like rim too.
Might even be an idea to hang up the single and look for a pair. Not idea but saves the headaches and allows the build to continue and not take years.

I wish you best of luck.

idrisrugby

Devout Dirtbag
Turns out the wheel offered above wasn't a Ti Glide but a hope bulb but was in black.

The build is complete, these are upgrades so no rush at all.

Both hubs may be re-spoked anyway if I manage to get one so will have matching rims.

No rush on this build at all as already running hope xc hubs on the bike but I want red!!