Re: klein frames.

Zerothehero

Old School Hero
Apart from the obvious what are the main differences between the attitude frames and the pulse frames? Cheers.

There are none :LOL:

The Pulse is an Attitude with standard 1 1/8" steerer tube instead of MC2. Witch makes it the better frame imho. :facepalm:

And then, there is the name od course. And the missing prestige factor...

Re:

What year ?
Before Trek series, Attitude got the mission control head with combo stem/handlebar and the aluminum fork.
Pulse was the other name given to the rascak in 1994 with classic headtube for a suspension fork

Pulse was always the same no matter what year.
Pulse II was also the same frame with the same features, but TREK owned.
Pulse comp then was very different and basically lost everything that made a Klein a Klein. :(

Thias":34ph4xv3 said:
Pulse was always the same no matter what year.
Pulse II was also the same frame with the same features, but TREK owned.
Pulse comp then was very different and basically lost everything that made a Klein a Klein. :(

FWIW...the pulse comp and remaining range whilst Trek owned, the rear ends were still made in Chehalis at Klein.

There are a couple of Ex Klein/Trek staff that are members here which I'm sure could go into more detail of how it was explained to dealers at the time.

What makes me laugh about the General opinion and the Snobbery surrounding Klein and the Early Trek/klein bikes, The range from memory started at £599, the Whole Pulse range used the same frame, Rear end Made at Chehalis, the Front Wisconsin, the front was designed by klein but welded by Trek and used a good quality, well manipulated tube set, box section rear stays, Square into round Down tube profile, good weight, strong frame well welded, that hit a very desired price point, handmade in the USA. that was far superior than its Far east counterparts.

Sure the Paint on the Blue and Red Pulse on the first batch were poor, but this was resolved reasonably quickly and were swopped out FOC.

I never heard of any frame breakages and to this day I still haven't.

Today you can buy them for £50. Lol.

Anyone for a Zaskar....?

Re: Re:

kyle888":4dduh6o1 said:
Also why are they called a fuselage not a frame?

Kyle

It sounds Kool :cool: something a bit different....

Like the Pace "Racing Chassis" :cool: :cool:

Although more often than not the Klein "framesets" came with the fork/bar + stem , so I guess it was more than just a simple frame.

Back