rBoTM RBotM November - Autumn Rides theme = Enter now

road Bike of The Month

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM November 2022 - The theme this month is Autumn rides!

Open to Interpretation this one, it could be where you ride, it could be what you ride but it has to be about Autumn.

Something to ponder as you keep the spinning as the days draw in and the temps start to dip.

Jamie

Theme month rules so 1 photo and a brief description, maybe a link to a readers rides page or blogpost etc
Entries open right up until the end of the month.

Jamie
One to get you started.
Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry I have not been online for awhile.
While out on the Frankenbike Lemond Alpe d'Huez I came across a weird streetside "dog show" as I was passing through a town heading for the hills earlier this Fall. I will post a few more photos as a separate thread since there were about 30 or more custom painted "dogs" with really cool themes and artwork.
20220806_093751.jpg
20220806_095505.jpg

Sheffield has had a few similar ideas like the dog show.
We had a year of elephants, and a year of bears. Each exhibit is decorated by a sponsor and they are placed throughout the city. All in aid of Sheffield children's hospital.
There was even a web app where you collected them by ticking them off taking a pic.
The whole city got behind it.

Welcome to RBotM November 2022 - The theme this month is Autumn rides!

Open to Interpretation this one, it could be where you ride, it could be what you ride but it has to be about Autumn.

Something to ponder as you keep the spinning as the days draw in and the temps start to dip.

Jamie

Theme month rules so 1 photo and a brief description, maybe a link to a readers rides page or blogpost etc
Entries open right up until the end of the month.

Jamie
One to get you started.
Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr
That’s a great photo 😎

Sheffield has had a few similar ideas like the dog show.
We had a year of elephants, and a year of bears. Each exhibit is decorated by a sponsor and they are placed throughout the city. All in aid of Sheffield children's hospital.
There was even a web app where you collected them by ticking them off taking a pic.
The whole city got behind it.
I was told that they auction them off for a charity. I can just imagine elephants (life-size) lining the streets!

Just back from riding a couple of days in Spain after a business trip. Took my Witcomb with me for a 120 mile overnight tour.
The bike's a 1979 Witcomb (I think it's a Roubaix) with DT shifters fitted for the tour to enable it to be packed up Rinko style for Spanish trains.
Ride report here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/retrobike-touring.258143/page-66
52507595176_8bb827be20_b.jpg

A pic of my work bike, that gets used as an autumn/winter bike as well. It is a light handbuilt frame from a shop in Voorburg, the Netherlands called van Herwerden. With lights, a chainglider, mudguards and Schwalbe Marathon tyres it is prepared for bad weather. It is in the work bike thread: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/work-bikes.2519/post-3200039

View attachment 682739
I have one of their frames in the waiting to build mode; probably from the early 80s.
Nice photo with the background color!

Thanks. I am curious to see your van Herwerden. Will you be making a build thread?

I will post a frame shot to start. I got it as a curiousity a couple years ago. Low cost I think due to small frame size (51-52 cm or so). I looked up my notes: van Herwerden "Special" model with Camp. drop-outs front and rear (short w/o portacatena holes), 3/4 wrap seat stays (probably eliminates Italian build). I assume early-mid 80s. I have not checked much on the frame; rear spacing, BB threads, seat post size, chainstay length, etc.
They sourced frames from various makers (e.g. frames made by Chesini, et al.). It could be Columbus tubing, Vitus, Reynolds, etc.; who knows. I only hope it's not French specs.
It has been gathering dust, but I will pull it out and start a build if I have proper parts.

Latest posts

Back