PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
oooof!

patrick_smokeyandthebandit2.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-VITUS ... 500wt_1156

vitus94800.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Always handy to have a native Dutch speaker in the forums.
Lemme translate that text ...

Next to the SC1 :

The Vitus SC1 has a TIG-welded frame out of all-alloy tubes which is finished with an epoxy layer which is applied at high temperature. So it's a lightweight bike that climbs as easily as it descends and doesn't wear out.
You'll easily avoid all the difficult areas with it. Noticeable details are the high bracket, the sloped upper tube, oversized steere tube and the handlebar with integrated bar-ends.
If you finish it with Shimano STX, STX Special Edition, Deore LX, XT or XTR, you can rest assured that the bike shifts easily and accellerates rapidly in any situation. Available in 42, 46 and 50cm.

Next to the CL1

Do you dare to accept the challenge? Yet another absulute star in the MTB collection of Jan Janssen!
This born winner will pass even the toughest challenges with ease. The extremely stable frame consists of alloy tubes which are connected to alloy lugs by means of glue.
Brake and mech cables run along the specially profiled sloped tube.
A PVC sealing strip doesn't give dirt and water any chance. The high bracket is a perfect example of racing geometry. The rear wheelmounts can be exchanged and the bike can be optionally equipped with Shimano SPD pedals.
Your Vitus ATB CL1 can be delivered with Shimano STX, STX Special Edition, Deore LX, XT or XTR. Available in sizes 47, 50 and 53cm in anodized silver or violet, so rustproof.

Always loved these. Don't see them very often. My first road bike was a Jan Janssen and I remember lusting over the Vitus-es in the folder. Both the Road and mtb's.
Still looking for a violet 992 in my size to this day....

Back