Rare Kawasaki KMB 450MTB and RST 400 forks

t_boda

Devout Dirtbag
Downsizing the stable after a few crazy purchases so current projects have to go.
Ask away with any questions, send me your email for pictures please.
Can be collected from Portsmouth, postage/PP at cost please.
Many thanks. Tom

Rare Kawasaki mountain bike frame and RST400 forks
Comes with original Kawasaki stem, original bars, original bottom bracket and original DiaTech collared headset
Size is approximately medium to large, I can get exact measures on request.

The good
Frame is square, no cracks, no deep rust, no bends etc
Made from quality Tange MTB P.G. tubes
Ritchey dropouts, high quality and rare
RST400 forks work perfectly. Excellent rebound, stickers and overall look. Hard to get a set as good as these.
Original HS works spot on and is super clean
Takes mudguards and I'll throw in a seatpost and saddle (not original and worn but works well) too

The bad
The frame has been used by myself and the original owner. Hence scuffs, scrapes, etc as would be expected. NO dents etc
There is superficial rust in places. Nothing deep etc but if you wanted a perfect paint job it'd require a respray (but doesn't need one as per..)
One of the internal flanges of the stem have cracked so it doesn't tighten properly. POtentially repairable but beyond my capabilities and time.
BB is smooth and no play but runs a bit dry. I don't have the stuff to remove it so no idea if it will come out or not. Easily done in person or cheaply by a framebuilder if required.

Think that's about it. Overall a rare frameset and ready to go, depends on how perfect you want to get it.
Looking £150 plus post etc please.
Ask if there's anything and thanks. Tom

Latest posts

Back