Raleigh White Lightnin' - sell F&F or whole bike?

Mike_

Retro Newbie
So I found a Raleigh White lightnin' on marketplace last summer, thread here, I'd really like to keep it but no matter how many times I ride it I have to accept it's too big for me, I've tried every bar and stem combo in the spares box but can't get a riding position that agrees with my back.
I've got a dilemma and can't decide whether to strip and keep the minty xc-pro groupset in the hopes that I find a frame that justifies it and fits, or as things are only original once, sell the bike whole.
I know I could get more money splitting and selling the groupset bit by bit but thats not really my motivation so, any ideas on current value of either;
1) A complete, very original (tyres are changed, as are grips but I've still got the faded originals) 53cm White Lightnin, paint is faded with a few marks as to be expected on a 30 year old bike but there is no rust beyond light surface in a couple of places or dents- full xc pro groupset (although I think the pedals might be XC-9000 as I can't see a greaseguard sticker or port) , RM17 rims, zoom bars and stem.
2) Just the frame and forks.

Thanks, Mike

So I found a Raleigh White lightnin' on marketplace last summer, thread here, I'd really like to keep it but no matter how many times I ride it I have to accept it's too big for me, I've tried every bar and stem combo in the spares box but can't get a riding position that agrees with my back.
I've got a dilemma and can't decide whether to strip and keep the minty xc-pro groupset in the hopes that I find a frame that justifies it and fits, or as things are only original once, sell the bike whole.
I know I could get more money splitting and selling the groupset bit by bit but thats not really my motivation so, any ideas on current value of either;
1) A complete, very original (tyres are changed, as are grips but I've still got the faded originals) 53cm White Lightnin, paint is faded with a few marks as to be expected on a 30 year old bike but there is no rust beyond light surface in a couple of places or dents- full xc pro groupset (although I think the pedals might be XC-9000 as I can't see a greaseguard sticker or port) , RM17 rims, zoom bars and stem.
2) Just the frame and forks.

Thanks, Mike
As the groupset is getting harder to find, I would sell the frame and try to find something nice to hang the Suntour on, there are always lots of lovely frames popping up for sale on the site here. Just remember though with the current financial situation things are tending to hang around at the moment as money is tight.

Back