Raleigh Reynolds 501 - something different ?

Littlesox

Dirt Disciple
I rescued this a couple of years ago, but the arrival of a (yet another) Peugeot means that for N+1 not to equal divorce, something has to go.

This is a 21" Raleigh Pioneer Trail with 501 frame. Don't be put off by the Pioneer name, this is not the usual clunker, but a Reynolds framed hybrid, with 700c wheels, a decent Suntour 21 speed Groupset and Dia Compe brakes.

It was in a sorry state when I got it, having not been used for over a decade, but it has come together niceley and has been a smooth reliable winter commute bike for the last couple of years. The mudguards are fairly new, as are the Conti Tour ride tyres. Since the pictures were taken, I have fitted a pair of fairly new Rigida Flyer rims as well.

When fitted with a Brooks B17 (now removed), I think it might be the most stable and comfortable bike I have ridden.

I have regularly commuted on it, ridden it up the Horseshoe Pass, and completed an Audax ride on it. I even once turned up on a club-run to howls of derision and jibes about paper rounds !

Photographs here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130642942@N04/

A steel (geddit?) at £125

I won't box up and send, but I live in Whitchurch (Shropshire) and regularly work all over the county, as well as Stafford and Wolverhampton so am happy to meet if that helps depending on work. Also, I can easily meet at Cheshire Oaks or Llandegla MTB centre

Back