Raleigh MK1 pro Hong Kong spec (heavy pics)

Excellent

These are a absolutely gorgeous pair of builds.
I really like how they have a history and the fine write up shows how far you have gone to bring them back to this wonderful state.
I have a Mongoose motomag that sits in the loft slowly gathering the parts to build into a nice example the same as I had when I was kid in OZ, a 79 nickel plated Chatsworth, red tuffs etc. Its a soft resto type build, all used and should be ready for my son when he's five (he's now two) :LOL:
Nowhere near the scale of these two show peices by any stretch ;)
You should be well proud of what you've done here, not only for the effort and results regardless of model bmx but especially for saving 2 such rare beasts.
Try a transport museum, I know the one in Glasgow has quite a lot of interesting bikes. I'm sure there must be one near you if not a bike museum. Remember to have it on loan.

Jamie

Re: 1 more in oz

leighar":1i86ed6s said:
hey sick pics
I have a ride like this in oz. the beast has been under my house since i was 10. The frame is not red but chrome with blue ano neck rims and seat clamp. The rebuild is about to start and im in the hunt for a crank, cog, pedals and hubs. any help would be awesome. I have a cousin in the UK and mates in the states. where is the best place to find the goodness. I will post pics.
this will be my first rebuild and not my last. i also have some cool aussie made frames in the shed.
I have been thinking of maybe some red and yellow with the pedals and levers but not sure.
any ideas?

Hi there and welcome in ;)

So does it have the "R" gusset in the frame ? if so it is the OZ version called a RAPIER CROMO (just a different name but a Raleigh Pro Burner all the same bar added cable guides)

the pedals are SR mp131's (removable cages)
Some of the hubs had Raleigh stamped on the hubs (rarer)
Grips are Mach in blue and very hard to find, so most use Oury blue grips as they are close
All bits are out there but at a price :roll:

get some pic's up ;)

cheers B ;)

What a beautiful project and end result.. love seeing stuff like this. Was it very expensive sourcing all the new parts?

Back