raleigh activator 2 just short of 2 grand

eric_james

Senior Retro Guru
not seen it before so hopefully not a repost

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TXjHo.gif )

I'm in agreement of what a vehicular turd this is. I am unable to comprehend the effort and use of new parts to elevate this up to a standard of fairly crapola. The Tektro brakes and hangers must be worth the value of the bike? They are good parts but wasted here. the Prologo saddle must look down every morning and wonder what it did wrong. I'll always entertain a high start price to get noticed in the oceans of piffle on ebay but the seller is not accepting offers on this so he truly believes it's worth a go.
BITD I saw a long travel version with tennis ball travel extenders. When life was simple and happy. :LOL:

It's truly strange that considering even a cursory attempt at internet research would tell you what this bike is really worth, these types of listing still crop up fairly often. I can only guess that because the frame is in very good condition, they figure it MUST be worth thousands just because it's 30+ years old. Well, that and the ridiculous money Choppers go for, perhaps? (I'm trying to understand here ). But I doubt anyone on the planet has that strong a nostalgic attachment to an Activator.

Back