R J Quinn or a somewhat mysterious frameset

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there,
a few weeks back I spotted a frame set in the German forum. The price was fair and the specs were looking good.

There was not much information on it, other than it was build in the shop of R J Quinn. No year, no purpose.

However, I want to give it a go, build it and right it, as it does look quite comfy.

Maybe you have some more insights on the Quinn Brothers or any idea regarding the year and/or purpose (i.e. touring, club, ...) on the set.

Here you go:

PXL_20240418_065622831.jpg PXL_20240418_065706951.jpg PXL_20240418_065717165.jpg PXL_20240418_065629126.jpg

Cheers

Does it look like it originally had a derailleur hanger on the dropout? Has it been cut off or does it look like it never had one?

Does it look like it originally had a derailleur hanger on the dropout? Has it been cut off or does it look like it never had one?
Never had one, I'd say. Maybe some 5speed build with a Simplex derailleur in the rear, but then again there is no braze on for a FD.

As I couldn't find any catalogue or advert or at least some overview of modells it's probably hard to tell.

Latest posts

Back