Quinn bros

Peter Appleby

Retro Newbie
I am trying to get more details on a Quinns lightweight cycles to find date of manufacture and to replace head tube logo.pictures attached.thanks PETER

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_104027_393.jpg
    IMG_20210530_104027_393.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
Not seen a 'Quinns' name before. You are suggesting it is Quinn Brothers who, from my sadly fading and unreliable memory, date back to the late 50's/early 60's. I also remember frames 'badged' Harry and J Quinn and also R J Quinn (the J of the Harry and J?). Looking at your frame I would say it could be more recent than all of this - but there is also Dave Quinn who used to be in Chester and now runs an 'internet' bike business locally. Potentially one of his?

Not seen a 'Quinns' name before. You are suggesting it is Quinn Brothers who, from my sadly fading and unreliable memory, date back to the late 50's/early 60's. I also remember frames 'badged' Harry and J Quinn and also R J Quinn (the J of the Harry and J?). Looking at your frame I would say it could be more recent than all of this - but there is also Dave Quinn who used to be in Chester and now runs an 'internet' bike business locally. Potentially one of his?
Thank you..bit of a mystery really I think your right on the era. The frame number is also painted over and hard the distinguish.

I have a frame that came to me badged as an RJ Quinn , Edge Lane , Liverpool . If you check the net it appears they have a very similar graphic to the one on your frame . Incidentally Mario Vaz said he was certain mine came out of the Holdsworth factory.........

I have a frame that came to me badged as an RJ Quinn , Edge Lane , Liverpool . If you check the net it appears they have a very similar graphic to the one on your frame . Incidentally Mario Vaz said he was certain mine came out of the Holdsworth factory.........
Thank you the logo buried under the paint seems to have the Quinn bike logo rather than the brother initials .

Back