Quick release skewers? Is there a right or wrong way?

which side should they be on?

• Total voters
Non drive side in both cases, to help with weight distribution as the bulk of the weight is on the drive side.

QRs should be tucked in behind the fork leg at the front if possible, or set horizontally facing rear wards, and set horizontally facing rear wards on the rear to rule out the chance of them catching on the surroundings, oh and to help with aerodynamics obvs.

Coming from Road then CX always non drive.
Why are seat post mostly drive side?
Never seen anyone have them pulled open by accident. Plenty of times outside the pub on the way home though.

I've always assumed it was because more people are right handed. Although no one actually adjusts it on the fly, well unless you have a hite rite in which case it would make sense. I'm a lefty so normally run mine on the NDS, plus it looks better as it matches the wheels which is also the answer to the main question.

Non drive side for ease of use on rear and to match on front. Always pointing straight up, less to catch when sliding in a crash, every other direction they stick out and catch whatever they can find 🤯

What about the seatpost QR?

I've always been skewers on the wheels go on the non-drive side but the seatpost quick-release always goes on the drive side just how it's always been in the catalogue I think...

Yeah thats strange isn't it, i have always put my post qr on the drive side too, usually forward but every direction seems to catch on shorts :)

Non drive side.

Just so there's something nice to look at on both sides of the bike!

I like the logic behind weight distribution too. I'm gonna pretend that's the reason now. Sounds more "pro".

Although I imagine the help this provides is negligible to the point of none existence.

I like a playful upwards angle on a seatpost QR, sometimes. Just to add some spice and danger to my life.

Otherwise, my OCD thing is that no matter what direction I have each of them tucked, the angles should all match at least one other frame angle (seatpost, chainstay, head tube, down tube, top tube, Etc.)

Who on earth voted driveside?...... Oh..... Me.... 😂 🤣 Shit, did that wrong, one of the few things on a bike that winds me up! I'd always put them non driveside if I had the choice, I remember being annoyed with my early Hope discs forcing me to put the rear skewer on the driveside.

"Who on earth voted driveside?...... Oh..... Me.... 😂 🤣 Shit, did that wrong"

Me too...wasn't paying attention... :rolleyes:

Non-driveside for the levers, but driveside if you're running QR levers with disc brakes, so you don't foul the calipers or burn your fingers on the rotor.
Driveside for the seat QR if you're R handed, non-drive if L handed.

All the best,

Back