Project 'Pinarello'

Hi All,

Some more progress, I got all the new bits fitted over the last week, the Campag seat post bolt, Cinelli bar ends, Royce chainring, a new chain (KMC of course) and a new pair of M520 pedals.

I've also picked up some Royce crank bolts and a Royce pen pot in the shape of a BB lol (couldn't resist!)

A couple of pics;

Also got the bike on some hanging scales today as it stands in the above pic minus the water bottle and saddle bag in came in at 9.5kg, which is about what I was expecting so happy enough with that :)

Re:

Hi all,

A few bits going on with the bike atm, though mostly small things and some more clothing!

Main new bike bits being the Royce crank bolts and the new rechargeable Blackburn Super Flea, anyway, here's a few pics;

Re:

Also thought I'd get some pics up of the 'stages' the bikes been through since I got it, those of you who've read this from the beginning will be aware it was in a bit of a mess, by the time of these pics it was ride-able, but I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go with it, so it chopped and changed a few times!

Here it is utilising some bits from my parts box, the bars were the ones it came with but with black tape (had white tape and white seat to begin with!), and a charge saddle I had kicking about.

I then put on some Easton tri bars I had..

I then decided to see what it would be like with more of a track look, so I picked up some track bars and used some charge tape I had in the garage..

I thought this was going to be the way forward but wasn't sure on the brown, so a Selle Italia and Pinarello black tape later...

Possibly some of the photos with the track bars are the best it ever looked, but the fact is it was rubbish to ride on the road, and when I think how it rode with the old wheels, cables, brakes, stem, seat/seatpost compared to how it is now, it's a world away!

Hi all,

Quick update, it's looking like this project has come to an end as, after a number of 'retro bikes' (since I started riding road bikes a few years ago I've not had a bike newer than 13 years old), I've decided to scratch an itch and get something bang up to date, most likely a Planet X RT-57.

When it comes to the Pinarello I've decided to break it, most likely after the Wiggle Sportive in Newmarket, so keep an eye out in the F/S section as will be some nice parts from Cinelli, Royce, Campag, Thomson, Shimano, Mavic etc coming up soon

Latest posts

Back