Wanted Project 2 forks and XT shifter cover wanted for Kona Cinder Cone

SteveJ81

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I am just bought a Kona Cinder Cone from Ebay (I believe it is a 95 but could be wrong) and was after a set of Project 2's to replace the crappy SR Suntour aftermarket suspension. Does anyone have any for sale?
The underside cover for the XT shifter is also missing, so of someone had one of them for sale I would definitely be keen.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-134726_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-134726_eBay.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210604-134229_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-134229_eBay.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210604-134250_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-134250_eBay.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. That looks like a 96 model, nice bike. Good choice, old konas ride great! Unfortunately I’ve not got any forks to move on but if you could add the frame size it will aid in your search. The steerer tube changes in length with the frame. That looks like a 18/19” frame? I think the cinder cone also came with a triple butted threaded fork. If you want to go down that route you might need a new headset and stem. It looks like a thread less ahead setup you have just now. Loads of nice folk in here though so fingers crossed you will find what you’re after.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. That looks like a 96 model, nice bike. Good choice, old konas ride great! Unfortunately I’ve not got any forks to move on but if you could add the frame size it will aid in your search. The steerer tube changes in length with the frame. That looks like a 18/19” frame? I think the cinder cone also came with a triple butted threaded fork. If you want to go down that route you might need a new headset and stem. It looks like a thread less ahead setup you have just now. Loads of nice folk in here though so fingers crossed you will find what you’re after.
Hi,
Thanks for your welcome and good advice. I definitely wanted a 90's Kona and the Cinder Cone really stands out for me.
The bike has not yet arrived for me to measure the frame size, I should have waited to post but got impatient to get a head start on taking it back to stock forks :)
I might have to cast my net wider to get the headset and stem too then 🤔

The front end should look like this. Impact headset, gray alloy Velocity stem and matching P2s. I think it’s a 163mm threaded steerer for a 19” frame. Unsure of the 18” frame size.

Attachments

• 00BB9C00-C176-45E4-BA6A-AFD20899451F.png
    00BB9C00-C176-45E4-BA6A-AFD20899451F.png
    857.8 KB · Views: 6
The front end should look like this. Impact headset, gray alloy Velocity stem and matching P2s. I think it’s a 163mm threaded steerer for a 19” frame. Unsure of the 18” frame size.
That is great, thanks for doing the digging. More work than I thought to get the P2's but they do look so much better than aftermarket suspension.
I did also get carried away and buy a Hahanna that I am thinking of converting to single speed 🙂

Back