Price drop - Giussani Super Record Columbus SL 57cm (c-c)

fleshtuxedo

Retro Guru
Now £449 collected, £475 delivered

Chance to get an unusual and rather pretty bike with excellent Campag Super/Nuovo groupset and some tasty extras. Would look good covered in white dust on a little used Tuscan track, for instance....

Photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42523160@ ... 4580433413

I bought this recently but it's just a bit high in the standover for me :x . I've spent some time getting it up to standard anyway and it's a lovely machine that rides really well.

Frame : By Giussani of Bergamo, Columbus SL tubes, diamond blue/white paint is in good nick for its age but see pics and judge for yourself. The fork is pristeen as it was recently rechromed by the previous owner and has a 'G' pantoed crown. Chrome also on the rear dropouts and right hand chainstay but this has flaked a bit. There is a campag chrome chainstay protector over it. Dropouts are Campagnolo (portacatena), so this is late '70s or early '80s.

Seat tube 59cm c-t/57cm c-c, Top tube 56cm c-c, head tube 15cm

Bars & Stem : 3TTT Campione Del Mondo 40cm bars with the lovely Almarc hand stitched leather covering which has a few scuffs. 11cm Stem is pantoed 'Giussani'.

Campag Super Record : Rear Mech (pat 79) which has some pivot wear but works well, Chainset ('85) in very good order with what looks like a new set of Campag chainring bolts, 2nd Gen brakes (some of the caliper hardware is not original, see pics, pads excellent, Superleggeri pedals (I think these are quilled versions that have been adapted to look like Pista, some wear on one rear plate has been filed off, one dustcap has been grounded).

Campag Record/Nuovo : Gear levers (drilled), Seatpost (milled flutings), Headset (bearings excellent), Bottom Bracket (everything excellent), Front mech.

Wheels are Nisi 36h tubular on Campag Record with stainless spokes and Vittoria tubs with very little wear. I spent some time polishing these up. Hub bearings are excellent. Original skewers on the hubs with the fold out nuts.

Saddle is a suede Concor in excellent condition

It's in NW Leeds. Collection after a test ride would be my preference of course.

Re:

Last reduction:

£499 collected, £520 delivered. For a columbus SL bike with virtually complete SR group. Is that not a bargain?

What a lovely ride! I'm surprised no one has snapped it up. The parts look in good nick - you may do better splitting it and I imagine you'd make more than your asking price. If you do, I'm interested in the saddle although I'd like to see a photo of it from behind.

Thanks

David

Cheers David, yes I'm going to split it after I've moved house next weekend. This was a last ditch attemptto save myself moving it, along with the rest of the fleet!
I'll put the parts on here in a fortnight or so. The saddle is in nice condition, the "concor" lettering is all good and clear.

Latest posts

Back