Preview! Preorders!! Redesign Rocky Mountain tilted seat clamp.

Yeah I'd have to agree with option 1- Maybe I missed it somewhere- are you planing on only making the one size? 28.7 for steel tubes? or also the 31.8 for aluminum?

@NigelFinnighan 28.7 is for steel? Mine is around 30. I would say 29.8-30mm. Coul yi confirm. I will double check with my Altitude 1995 ST but I measured around 29.8 last week. I only plan steel at the moment, but o can see also 31,8mm if there is demand. Simikar prices around 20 $.

But the story is take the risk and spend 400$ for 20 seat clamps in advance. 10 units are 300$ so ill go for 20. But an extra dimension could be a handicap. Maybe doing 10+10? It doesn't matter if i need to keep for 1-2 years. Everybody need to help retrobike users but There is demand for 31,8mm?

@NigelFinnighan 28.7 is for steel? Mine is around 30. I would say 29.8-30mm. Coul yi confirm. I will double check with my Altitude 1995 ST but I measured around 29.8 last week. I only plan steel at the moment, but o can see also 31,8mm if there is demand. Simikar prices around 20 $.
29.8 or 30mm please decide before you do this (maybe ask for a sample base of measurements from peoples frames first) Tolerance is important. Also the step in the first design will clamp the seatpost. Why do we need a step?

Help to Rocky Mountain tilt seat clamps owners. Could you measure with a caliper the seat tube OD?

My Altitude 1995 is around 30.2mm. I've seen peiople say 29.8, 30, or 28,7mm. I need t confirm.

Also for aluminium frames. To see if I can order both sizes.

I have a standard 30.0mm clamp which I'm going to modify (removing the step)to install at the moment in my frame. I think it is the dimension to go. 30.0mm. And at same time to see what happens. Idea of a colleague from this forums in first posts.

@jonnymcenroe , Yes, I can remove the step, and it will be easier to machine, but I don't know why I want to keep an small dent to help positioning.

1692374958542.png
I will

I just measured my 95 thin air and vertex (aluminum) they're both 31.8 seat tube and 26.8 seat post.

I don't have a steel slant tube to measure but it their seat tubing should be 28.6 -I don't know why I posted 28.7, I may have been high lol). accepting a 27 seat post should it not?

I may have found some NOS slanted seat clamps for my two aluminums, so I may be out to purchase the remakes. If the NOS clamps arrive soon I'm happy to take some ID measurements.

Back