Powder coating.....how much do you loose?!

but that isn't the blast media or the blasting process at fault, that's the corrosion. the thickness you loose to that mechanism directly proportional to how fucked the metal is.
Exactly, the testing I did was to work out the effects (positive and negative) of various media/pressure/nozzles/patterns on different materials and masking material. So we ended up with curves to follow, what media and what pressure, to maximize cleanliness, minimize cycle time, minimize damage.

In der olden days somebody bought in a Cannondale frame they had had sand blasted and there were holes in the tubes cos they were stoopid

The frame the tubes were cut from had pin holes in various places......rust worms holding hands.

However, it actually looked kinda ok on the surface. It would have come out of blasting in 3 bits!:LOL:

In der olden days somebody bought in a Cannondale frame they had had sand blasted and there were holes in the tubes cos they were stoopid
Holy H!! I bet that Cannondale made the Tange look like tank plating!

I can't hope to be as thorough as mattr, so I will save my energy and defer to his recollections

Attachments

• 20211216_155632.jpg
    20211216_155632.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 5
Back