Pogliaghi road bike 54cm with original 6207 groupset

PaulRide

Dirt Disciple
With a heavy heart I am offering up this 1980s Pogliaghi road bike in remarkably good condition.

I bought it last year in a fit of nostalgia for the Pogliaghi that got me back into riding road bikes about 15 years ago, have ridden it a few times round the lanes of Buckinghamshire, but usually find that I end up riding one of my other (slightly) newer bikes as they have kinder gearing for my ageing legs (yes, I have a granddad triple on an old 531c-framed bike). I'm also worried that if I ride this bike much, it will stop being in such excellent condition.

Frame is 54cm square and the paintwork is original with only minor chips and scuffs. The frame is made of Columbus Matrix tubing, a version of their CroMo steel that was produced for just a couple of years in the mid-1980s and was renamed as Cromor because Trek had nabbed the Matrix name, I believe. (My previous Pogliaghi had a Cromor frame, which I gather was the successor.) I also have a spare set of Matrix decals, in case you want to replace the rather tatty one that's currently on the seat tube.

The forks have the distinctive SP pantographed logo and the chrome is in only fair condition, but no deep pitting. Lovely rear dropouts with chrome looking marvellous. I've included a shot of the BB area to show how well the paintwork has held up - there's a mark left by a frame-fit pump but in the main the condition is amazing for a bike of this age - over the 35 or so years of its life, this bike has clearly had a quiet and comfortable time.

It comes with what I think must be its original Shimano 600 groupset, the 6207 model that was made 1984-86: hubs, chainset, brake callipers, downtube levers (indexed!), front and rear mechs and headset. It all functions nicely, and all bearings seem smooth and well-adjusted. There's a rather nice Campagnolo aero seatpost and a rather grubby but sound (formerly) white Turbo saddle and Gran Compe aero brake levers. Bars are Cinelli Giro D'Italia. The rims are Campagnolo Victory Strada sprint rims fitted with Continental Giro 20mm tubulars in excellent condition - they've held their (high) pressure really well over the last month of this bike languishing in my garage. Pedals are MKS Sylvan in excellent condition.

Collection in person is preferred, from a village just west of Aylesbury, but I can bring it to Uxbridge on a weekday (yes, I have the great good fortune of working there, and there is a tube station if you can cope with the long long journey out to zone 6). Do please get in touch if you have questions about delivery - I do travel around a bit and may be able to deliver elsewhere in the UK. The last time I sold a bike, I delivered it to North Yorkshire.

More pictures can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1q4ATvgvSKaeKTvq8

PRICE: Well, it depends very much on what you are willing to pay but, bearing in mind the excellent condition and the original groupset, I'm looking for [edit] £320

And please get in touch with any questions!

Attachments

• Pogliaghi1.jpg
    Pogliaghi1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,241

Latest posts

Back