Please don't use Evri / Hermes...... better alternative

I'm not sure if it exists on this forum but on other sites i use there's a thing where forum members can put a request up for something to be collected from a certain location and then pass the parcel through members to get it near to the OP. On those forums there hasn't been an issue with theft or damage but something worth considering?

To wrap up my experience, Evri have just agreed compensation to the stated amount in my case along with a refund of the postage cost. They did so without fuss, including an apology for the loss and another for 'only' paying out for the amount I chose to insure for, rather than the new replacement cost I evidenced when they asked for the purchase receipt (it was a used pair of boots going back for a resole)
I'd rather they'd not lost the item but I'm actually going to end up with a new pair of boots rather than a resoled pair of used ones, at no direct monetary cost to me. Can't be too upset at that, though they did take almost a month to assess the case.

Well that just about sums to up......

Ordered a few bits from wiggle. They sent my parcel last friday on 48h delivery with.....you guessed it EVRI!

Its still not turned up this friday just gone, so 3rd email to them.....as the tracking at Evri just shows that its in their system.

"Ok" says wiggle, " we will send you another and ask Evri to return the first direct to us....dont worry we will send it on 24h express"..... ....

So they sent it with Evri! Brain donors.....🤣.

So now ive got 2 parcels saying "we have a problem with your delivery" neither of which are out for delivery even......well they won't be as apparently they have no drivers in our area any more!

Ive told them to ask for both back and to refund me....should habe just bought it from st johns steet cycles where i get most of my stuff in the first place.

Bufoons....to a man.

Now up to 4 parcels stuck in the Evri system......including sadly one from a fellow retrobiker!

All say the same "your parcel has been delayed"....... the oldest is now 10 days overdue!

As they obviously have no drivers in our area, i cant see how they will ever deliver them 🤣.

As the recipient there are no option to contact them either on their virtual assistant or on the virtual phone operator (you didn't think it was going to be a person did you!).....other than entering a tracking number...you just get the message found online.....

Please stop using these bunch of clowns.

Last edited:
Wiggle have now stopped replying to my emails....i assume they cant get any info out of Evri the same as me.....so PayPal have rescued me and clawed the money back from them.

Ive also had further local coments that parcels are just not being delivered in our area....although im not suprised given the below report from april.

We live in a very rural area and given the distances they must travel to make 75 deliveries a day.......im hardly suprised nobody wants the job at 3.2p per mile as a "higher" fuel allowance....( up from 2p per mile).

My two cents regarding shipping overseas from a USA perspective:
From UK to USA, Parcel Force is least expensive.,
and from USA to UK (in fact to almost anywhere in Europe) United States Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail International is least expensive.
In my experience, both are dependable.

All shippers have websites that allow you to calculate shipping, but hopefully I can save you a lot of time and wide-eyed outrage when you see the fees that some shippers are charging. Things may change over time, however.

On several occasions, UPS (Uniformed Parcel Smashers) have tried to collect ADDITIONAL "billable weight" and/or customs fees AFTER quoting a price, collecting a fee, and shipping overseas. I suspect it's individuals gaming the system for a profit and not UPS' policy to fleece the customer. In all instances, UPS had all the information they needed when they quoted and collected the fee, and when the package was picked up. Suddenly they have a discrepancy AFTER they have already shipped? Ridiculous! Any discrepancy should be handled BEFORE shipping, and in fact, it should be noted the moment that money changes hands.

From now on, no matter which courier I use, I always take a LOT of pics detailing size and condition of the item, the packing process, the final boxed item hanging from a scale, tape measure showing length, width , and height, etc., and I also take pics and/or video of unpacking something shipped to me. Don't give the bad guys an inch (cm?) or they'll take a mile (km?).

Whilst RM is my go to, these recent strikes are having a bit of an impact on sending and receiving at the mo. I sent a few a few items out a few days before the latest strike action, and some packages got delivered beforehand - but those that didn't seem to be at the mercy of the local depots/posties as for when they will get delivered. I can only apologise to those that didn't receive there packages as I know it may be holding things up.

Also waiting for a couple of items myself...

I'm waiting for items from various shops, when I've checked who they're using, royal mail or parcel force. Very slow at the mo. Evri seem fine, I've never had a problem, sending or receiving

Back