Planet X Jack Flash 25 year anniversary edition

grahame

Senior Retro Guru
My daughter is getting into BMX and pump tracks, and I wanted to get a jump bike bike to go play with her (BMX too skittish for an old bloke) for not much money. Happened on Planet X's site and found they have reissued the Jack Flash and it is on sale:
Raw aluminium - £50*
Painted gloss black - £80*

* plus £15 shipping.

I'm a cheapskate so I've ordered the raw aluminium one.

as far as I'm aware that's the re issue of the original frame at those prices ....the 25th anni version is the one that's been updated slightly with a tapered headset and disc mount .........brought one for my 11yr old son for Christmas and currently building it up with him

It's out of stock now, but the "re-issue" I got came with both disc and cantilever/V- brake mounts and a tapered head tube. The one on the website now (the one you presumably got) is disc brake only.

I initially built mine up using "spares box" parts as much as possible. I had to buy a new headset to use my straight steerer Bomber forks in the tapered headtube (a DaBomb Loop 4-in-1 sorted that out for £37) and a 1/2 link chain from Amazon for £12 meant the build "cost" £114 all-in.

Then the singlespeed freewheel I had used started to occasionally slip. So, before I knew what was happening, I had doubled the budget by buying a White Industries freewheel from Tim at Sideways Cycles 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Back