Peugeot PKN10 Competition - c1981

drk_peak

Dirt Disciple
Period correct, PKN10 'Routier' 10spd in time warp condition, it does have a few nicks and scratches to be expected on a 35 year old frame but it has to be seen to be fully appreciated, the gold paint work looks fantastic in the sun, a real head turner.

I bought the bike this year from a chap who'd owned from new, originally I was going to ride Eroica but felt it needed a little work so left until I had chance to look over properly. Lovely 23" frame in Reynolds 531 steel with nice braze on tube and cable guides, mudguard eyelets, part chrome fork. Very original apart from the upgraded Rolls saddle, a very Royal perch!

New gear and brake cable fitted, new brake cable outers in matt silver.

Unusually the rear wheel has been wired in copper at the crossover section of each spoke, something you only see on old pro built wheels to give added rigidity, look pretty cool, hub has a very pleasing ratchet sound, There is no horizontal play in the bb and the cranks turn silky smooth.

So, it looks great and is a joy to ride, why I'm I selling it again?, well, it's a classic case of too many bikes and not enough time to ride them all so my French friend needs a new home.

Specifications

Crank - Stronglight TS Double 52/39
Pedals - Atom 600 Quill
Front/rear deraileur - Simplex
Cassette - Simplex, 5spd block
Shifters - Simplex (Friction shift)
Stem - Atax
Headset - Something French!
Bars - Guidons Philippe
Tape - Original with rubber Velox plugs
Brake levers - Mafac
Callipers - Mafac/Peugeot long drop centre pull
Brake blocks - Weinmann
Wheelset - Mavic rims laced to Maillard Trophy 700 hubs
Tires - Continental gp4000 rear, sport at front
Saddle - San Marco Rolls

I have plenty of images i can send if required, also comes with a pair of original Panaracer gumwall tires, used but look the part.

£120

Ad is listed elsewhere, Thanks for looking

Ad

Attachments

• P1120830.jpg
    P1120830.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,542
  • P1120831.jpg
    P1120831.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,542
  • P1120832.jpg
    P1120832.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,542
  • P1120833.jpg
    P1120833.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,540
  • P1120834.jpg
    P1120834.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,541
Re:

Sorry, guys, YES, still available, I've been stacked with work so everythings taken a back seat, i'll get round to replying to all parties tonight, cheers guys and appologies for the delay.

Re:

This pains me as I have the 1982 model and was hoping they were worth more :(

Lovely bike.

Back