pete matthews bike

PLATTY68

Dirt Disciple
Absolute bargain here -----------

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's ok, but not a steal. Looks like a generic alloy frame with carbon stays, imported and stickered up by the shop.
Given that alloy/carbon bonded frames tend to be circa 20 years old, as a long term buy, I'd be dubious about the longevity of the bonding

Picked this up..pulled apart, seized post, sorted easily...nice frame, multi shaped tubing, 3.2lbs...weighs 18.5lbs now

Attachments

• IMG_20231129_152211.jpg
    IMG_20231129_152211.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20231129_152219.jpg
    IMG_20231129_152219.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20231129_152239.jpg
    IMG_20231129_152239.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 20
Brilliant so pleased it’s gone to a good home - know Pete well & it will be a well made frame prob Italian - looking good :)

Thanks, it is nicely made, 'smooth welds' apart from bb area...aware of potential issues around carbon/alu bond...but if it's survived deepest Pompey...
Would you be able to find out where it was made from Pete?

Thanks, it is nicely made, 'smooth welds' apart from bb area...aware of potential issues around carbon/alu bond...but if it's survived deepest Pompey...
Would you be able to find out where it was made from Pete?
Hiya Mate
Pete has a terrific memory all things bike. If you are on Facebook Pete is active on there, ping him the photo with details and sure he’ll answer. If your not on FB I will ask him for you by all means.

Anyway, its taking shape, red bar tape / white tape or black??

What were the pete matthew wheels like? condition? not fancy them?
Neil

Last edited:
Hi, thanks, I'll give it a go...was going with black but now you've mentioned it may try white...
Wheels in surprisingly good nick...but thought Evo's suited colourwise

Back