Paying more for less

Wait? What?
You think the price of consumer toys is based on what they cost to make?
Hahhhahhahhahahhahhahhhaahahhahahhhahahh.

They're priced against what the market will bear.
Even the pig iron stuff from Argos

That dealership is located right next to the Rolex dealer where you can walk right in and buy a steel Daytona or Submariner at retail.
Well, as with the GT3, some people can actually do that. Not me, unfortunately.

Oh look, the usual suspects pop up like floaters in a kids paddling pool, always with the same 'I'm great and you are all wrong'

Over and over again

Why dont you discuss how great you all are on other websites that are there for discussing how great you all are so you can all one up each other (figuratively and literally) and argue among yourselves as to who is really the greatest.

Dont forget to quote those oh so precious strava times

Or

Just sit and listen to our bones creaking as we get out of any chair after daydreaming of the year we managed an average 19mph over 26 miles on our old tat that you love to flog us on this site but instantly decry to all that you hate riding in just about any given topic?

My personal worry is that many frame designs just limit the use of a larger chain ring full stop, there is no alternative option.

You managed 19mph over 26 miles? Now who's bigging themselves up 😉 I don't think I ever averaged more than 12mph over a similar distance. It's about time you confessed your secret peloton subscription. I agree on the larger chain ring. My full sus will only accept a 30t chainring which is frankly daft.

Last edited:
Just had a quick look on Evans and the completely random 1x bikes I looked at either had a 32/11 or 30/11 which is a fair site lower than the 48-12 I have on most of my bikes and 52-12 I have on my road use Trek 8700.
He also probably didn't know how to use his gears but the point is still valid that you don't get anymore but it does cost you more in that these systems are more expensive and used on higher cost bikes.

Compare your low gear as well for full disclosure, and then take common wheel sizes into account. You said hardtail, so forget about your road bike gearing.

I love our old stuff - it works brilliantly, but I am getting tired of the vitriol against modern bikes. I have modern and old bikes, they both move around under my own (pathetic) power and both have different places in my heart.

I guess Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Latest posts

Back