Paul Components Motolite v brakes - worth it?

Imlach

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi everyone,

I'm building up a gravel bike and I can't stand the Cantilever brakes that it's fitted with. I've been looking around for v brakes, and I stumbled over the Motolite. I adore the look of them but the price is steep, so I wanted to know if the performance is aligned with the price. Or am I just paying for beautifully machined bling? Am I demented for spending that much on v's?

I recently put a 2nd hand set on a bike. Not done a lot of miles on it since but set up was very easy & the noodle hook is cool. They perform very well so far. Way over priced for what I need but I fancied something different on one of my bikes so no regrets.

I recently put a 2nd hand set on a bike. Not done a lot of miles on it since but set up was very easy & the noodle hook is cool. They perform very well so far. Way over priced for what I need but I fancied something different on one of my bikes so no regrets.
Aye, they're very pricy. I was originally planning to put some Magura's on there but the Motolite's just looked gorgeous. I also prefer cable. Glad to hear they perform well.

They do work well, but setup is key to avoid squealing I found. What lever are you pairing them with - Pauls again? I must admit I'm less of a fan of the love levers.

Not sure about levers yet. Was just thinking some speed dials, not fancy but do the work. What would you recommend?

Back