Parts for charity project (warning - long read ahead)

baj":3jvb3ybv said:
I’m supposed to be heading to Cornwall before summer, let me know your address and I’ll drop some wheels and other bits in

That would be amazing thankyou back. Will send you a pm now.

Retro Spud":1qh71dfp said:
Martin

I’ve been having a sort out and have quite a collection of parts, as I can’t abide patina most were swapped out for new and now unwanted all work perfectly well but have either a bit of wear or are scratched due to some f**ker ragging the arse of the bike by actually riding it rather than just staring at the thing as I do now

PM me your address and I’ll make the wife happy (not by sending her) but by getting rid of a few things !

Spud

Honestly condition is unimportant. It's old bikes being sold for around £20 just to get people out and cycling so people don't care what they look like. So that would be a serious help thanks spud. Will message you now.

Re:

Ok so after a few difficulties (storm damage destroying my bike storage) I've got this back up and running...BUT with a slight difference. I found there were so many people in my area struggling to even afford the bills and walking to work because they couldn't afford the bus, plus many more people in situations that I've been in myself.

So....I'm still building bikes but instead of selling them for charity (I'm still raising money for charity through a different venture) I'm fixing up the unwanted bikes and giving them for free to those who would really benefit one. Not just the tight wads, I'm going through refuges and support groups etc to find those who genuinely need the help and providing them with a free bike to help with their lives. Whether it's making it easier to get to work or to find the freedom that they couldn't afford, help with their mental health or make life generally easier.

SO yes I'm still looking for parts if anyone has any. I get absolutely nothing from these bikes so I can't afford to spend masses on them but cycling made my life bearable and I want others to find that help as well.

Back