Parts for a 99 Kona Explosif wanted....

Mid life Kona

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking at building this very tired looking 1999 Kona Explosif up for my daughter, and need a few bits to do that.
I want it to be a very presentable ride with an okay spec, which it couldn't be any further from at present.
I'm on a budget, so I'm not looking for shop fresh, perfect condition parts. I want good, useable and mostly cheap, but I'll pay the right price for the right parts.....

I need the following;
XT 750/760 - XTR 950 or equivalent cranks and bottom bracket,
Seat clamp,
Headset in red?
8/9 speed shifters, again, XT 750/760 - XTR 950 or equivalent
Top pull front derailleur, XT 750/760 - XTR 950 or equivalent, but I'm not sure on the size.
Seat, charge or similar?
Rear mech, XT 750/760 - XTR 950 or equivalent,
Grips.
Tyres, nothing bigger than 26 x 2.0 as the frame has very thin tubes.

Must be willing to post, or be within a reasonable distance to Nuneaton for me to collect.

If any of you have anything that could help me out with your stash, things you're hoarding or moving some of the clutter you get moaned about for having, then please let me know by message....

Cheers.

Re:

I’ve got a XTR 952 rear mech for £20 advertisedon here. Plus £2.80 postage. Also got a nice 9 speed sram cassette of your after one.

I’ve got some racing Ralph tyres if you looking semi modern tyres. also got a seat that’s very similar to a charge

Re:

Appreciate not your listed items, but I have a full xt m770 drive train (mechs, shifters and cranks).

Also have xtr m952 cranks, bb, rear end front mechs (not sure about shifters), brakes (no levers).

Also have sram 9.0 mechs, shifters (grip shift) and brake set.

Red headset, various saddles and seat clamps too.

Probably have tyres as well.

Re: Re:

d8mok":2rdre04j said:
I’ve got a XTR 952 rear mech for £20 advertisedon here. Plus £2.80 postage. Also got a nice 9 speed sram cassette of your after one.

I’ve got some racing Ralph tyres if you looking semi modern tyres. also got a seat that’s very similar to a charge

I'm interested in the Mech dude, what condition is it in and does it work without any issues? I don't need the cassette, I have two wheel sets available, one 717XC with XT760 hubs, the others are wider Mavic 121 with XTR950 hubs... both 9 speed.
The tyres need to be 2.0 or thinner....

I'll stop editing it now I've got the right rims listed.

ishaw":wnsil2a5 said:
Appreciate not your listed items, but I have a full xt m770 drive train (mechs, shifters and cranks).

Also have xtr m952 cranks, bb, rear end front mechs (not sure about shifters), brakes (no levers).

Also have sram 9.0 mechs, shifters (grip shift) and brake set.

Red headset, various saddles and seat clamps too.

Probably have tyres as well.

Okay.... depending on price, I'm interested in either the XT or XTR Chainsets. The XT is a lot more modern than I'd like, but if it presents at a can't refuse it price, It'll look just fine.

The XTR would be the one for me, but the bike isn't, and I'm supposed to be building a budget bike. So, again it comes down to costs... I do need shifters, but don't need Brakes or levers. Again, shoot me a price, if it's attractive enough, I'm in.

What headset and tyres do you have?

Mid life Kona":28roouvj said:
d8mok":28roouvj said:

I'm interested in the Mech dude, what condition is it in and does it work without any issues? I don't need the cassette, I have two wheel sets available, one 717XC with XT760 hubs, the others are wider 517 with XTR950 hubs... both 9 speed.
The tyres need to be 2.0 or thinner....

Mech is good condition and works. The rear of the lower cage is rusty but isn’t as noticeable when fitted.

The racing Ralph’s are 26x2.0 and are in good condition. They are a fast tyre and light as I’m running a pair on my modern xc bike too. They are £15 pair.

What size seat clamp is it you need? I have a Kona one kicking about in the shed would need to measure it and see.

Back