mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Available from 1992 on
20211222_122732.jpg
And a few pics from a travel guide from 1994
20211222_125021.jpg
20211222_125015.jpg
A solid ride...

PCI, pacific cycles industries, a big manufacturer of frames in Taiwan, e.g. also most Muddy Fox models, especially also the rock'n roll,
own brand was used not very succesfully a few years in early 90s
7609bdaa8cde5ac41180cf47783e34b355205bd8-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
They made Alpinestars frames too. This is essentially a Cromega . Imported by Nigel Dean. Weren't really marketed well. This model, iirc, was part of a group test in MBUK, back when reviewers tended to give insipid feedback if the brand wasn't in fashion.

Decent bike, but didn't have much cred. I was openly mocked once for owning a Super XT - told what a piece of shit it was by a well informed middle class monkey.

Last edited:
They made Alpinestars frames too. This is essentially a Cromega . Imported by Nigel Dean. Weren't really marketed well. This model, iirc, was part of a group test in MBUK, back when reviewers tended to give insipid feedback if the brand wasn't in fashion.

Decent bike, but didn't have much cred. I was openly mocked once for owning a Super XT - told what a piece of shit it was by a well informed middle class monkey.
Did you have the neon pink leggings to go with it???

I would have said "Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment.".

Did you have the neon pink leggings to go with it???

I would have said "Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment.".
Hmm...

Out of interest, when did you own the Super XT? I knew of one around my way many moons ago. Ended up with a Pace RC30 up front.

Always liked the look of them, not many all pink bikes around at the time :)

I didn't have the e-stay ally frame, I had the Tange Prestige 'conventional' frame which was like a 90.5 model - steel frame but with this paint scheme. The decals were the same fonts but white.

My paperround paid for it in 91 from Universal Cycles in Maltby, near Rotherham. I moved to Cambridge later that year for Uni, and had it until 94 when it was nicked from the hallway of the shared house I lived in on Mill Road, next to Mike's Bikes. No RC30's though.

Last edited:
Back