Sold Pace RC36 pro class 2 forks

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Hi, I have for sale these 1 1/8” suspension forks in good overall condition. Steerer is 203mm long with star nut fitted.
Came off a bike I bought for parts and I don’t currently have a use for these so here for sale.
Price wise, I’d like £100 plus the postage (say £10 insured and signed for to Uk mainland), I think that’s fair?
As with any used fork I’d say allow for a service if you want them to perform at their best. These came off a bike which rode well, the stanchions aren’t scratched or chipped, and they move up and down smoothly. I would personally fit them to a bike as they are, but your choice.
Thanks. 7CF53A25-28AB-4023-8847-AE867EC91BEB.jpeg 4017FF8D-958A-4356-8A1A-FFF37036200D.jpeg 05FFA139-1B4F-4121-8797-0BF11F6FEA7E.jpeg 991F7FDC-EDBA-4B11-8608-C39CD0E54A58.jpeg D2BD925F-50E1-4C1D-A25D-036360545E04.jpeg D5155AA0-2788-4BE1-A9E5-2ACED9006CCA.jpeg

Not 100% sure, at a guess I’d say 100mm - seems about right. The exposed part of the stanchion measures 113mm approx.
Hope that helps.

I'm sure the travel was 100mm as standard - but it's possible to reduce it to 80mm I think.
I have a pair of these and Tim @justbackdated serviced them for me - and reckons they are probably the best fork Pace did - IIRC
**Update** Just measured mine that are 100mm travel. and the stanchions are showing 113mm too 👍

Last edited:
I'm sure the travel was 100mm as standard - but it's possible to reduce it to 80mm I think.
I have a pair of these and Tim @justbackdated serviced them for me - and reckons they are probably the best fork Pace did - IIRC
Cheers for the info Carge - best Pace fork? You’re not making it easy for me to part with these!
:)

Will they take a canti stud? If so, I presume they can be found...

Not sure if dibs are still allowed, but can I be second in line for these while I do some googling and get the tape measure out

Hi, these will take a stud, they aren’t a standard M8 or M10 - the thread pitch is finer. They wouldn’t be any use for canti brakes though - the brakes mount behind the fork not in front.
Are you looking for Pace forks in particular? I have some Marzocchi Z2 bam in polished alloy with the correct canti mount that I was thinking of selling too..

I was after Pace. Will be using with V's so no bother on the rear mounting. Will get the tape measure out and see what I can find on getting some studs.

Thanks for all the info. I'll leave them for now as my sensible side (wife) did remind me that I have numerous 'projects' on the go. All yours @markoc

Not wishing to hijack the thread but I have some of the brake bosses with the right thread pitch if someone buys these and needs them. Took me a lot of wrong attempts to find them but got some titanium ones from China in the end!

Back