Pace RC200 F4 For Sale

Krim

Dirt Disciple
Selling my F4 18", I want £950.00 for it, I know I could get significantly more than that if I parted it out, but I bring myself to do it.. It has a nice backstory.

My ‘95 Pace RC200 F4. This was Pace-Racing team rider Richard Thackray’s 1995 race bike, although much like Triggers-Broom its not quite as original as once it was.
My buddy and I were into x-country racing in the mid-90’s, and towards the end of a season we saw the Pace team at an event (SAMS or Gorrick) and noticed they were selling off some team bikes. Still a lot of money at 1K but vastly cheaper than the new price. My buddy somehow convinced his dad to loan him the money to buy it, how jealous was I,, I had a nice Marin but it was a long way from a Pace.

Back then it had; Paul Love-Levers and Paul Canti’s, XT groupset, Syncros post, Flight ti, Pace A-head system with the stem/steerer-tube combo, a Pace carbon front hub which was a prototype & one of only two that existed (at the time), goretex cables, red Renthal bar, red hope ti-glide hub Etcetcetc - I cant remember the rest.
The first major part to be replaced was the frame,, when Pace shipped him the bike, he unpacked it and to his horror found that the rear triangle had been squashed in transit, gutted. But Pace were really good about it and sent him out a brand new frame!! so the 1K investment was now a bargain..
He used it as it was for a while, then the followoing year V-brakes landed and changed everything, then we started to change the sort of riding we were doing so it had riser bar/flat pedals on it etcetc. We then got into full-suspension bikes and the pace sat dormant for many years.
5-6 years ago he mentioned he was going to sell it, So I jumped at the opportunity, problem was it was it in bits, I took the frame & F-hub, should’ve taken more but didn’t..
I spent about 18months building it with 90’s kit, pace forks, middleburn, X-lite, XTR groupset (it never had any xtr back then), still needs a few bits – headset, f-mech & seatpost but its mostly 90’s. its frowned upon by some but I’ve gone with a period azonic bar and Syncros riser stem – purely because I wanted occasionally ride it, and a dodgy back means low bar set-ups are no good for me. It also still has a Stif sticker and an XSWear sticker on the seatube from '95..

So as it stands now, the only original parts from Thackrays race bike are the Carbon prototype front hub, and the pace crud-catcher which bolts on to the down-tube, its had a few bits replaced,,, but as far as im concerned its still Richard Thackrays racebike…;)

Also comes with some Pace Grease, Pace Grease Gun, and black Magic Rim to match the rear incase you want to rebuild the front wheel with it. It's in Beckenham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAh8HryVaeY

Attachments

• Pace F4-8.jpg
    Pace F4-8.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • Pace F4-7.jpg
    Pace F4-7.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Pace F4-6.jpg
    Pace F4-6.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Pace F4-5.jpg
    Pace F4-5.jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Pace F4-4.jpg
    Pace F4-4.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Pace F4-3.jpg
    Pace F4-3.jpg
    946.3 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Pace F4-2.jpg
    Pace F4-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,144
  • Pace F4-1.jpg
    Pace F4-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,147
Re:

more

Attachments

• Pace F4-12.jpg
    Pace F4-12.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Pace F4-11.jpg
    Pace F4-11.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Pace F4-10.jpg
    Pace F4-10.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Pace F4-9.jpg
    Pace F4-9.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 1,118
£950, right at the top ;)

Supratada":5vnfv0ip said:
Edited in, I shouldnae winda.

Nope, was there from the get go

Re:

The price was always there, learn to read. Why even make a comment if you're not interested?

Back