Pace RC100

Re: Re:

was8v":3b1eszx4 said:
I would either leave it or just fill it and get a new decal made up.
I also wouldn't ride it in anger, it's had its day really as demonstrated in the link above, especially not on those ancient tyres! Where did you dig them up from?!

Yeah the tyres are past their best that's for sure, one has a weak / splitting sidewall, and the other has cracked tread blocks - so they'll be for display purposes only which is a shame :|

Re:

Right!
The Magura mounts finally turned up!
But!
Didn't realise I need some sort of shim/washer to go around the cylinder in order for them to fit the mounts!

Is this what I need?
https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydro_rim_ ... E7fQ%3D%3D

Also, the rear fluid hose is not long enough so I need to install a new one.
I don't see hoses on Tartybikes website, any advice where to get that from?

Also not happy with the bolts that arrived with the mounts, they seem too long, and I really don't like the way they feel when screwing into the frame so will seek alternatives that feel better when tightening up.

Re:

Once A Hero":23m8a4ho said:
Right!
The Magura mounts finally turned up!
But!
Didn't realise I need some sort of shim/washer to go around the cylinder in order for them to fit the mounts!

Is this what I need?
https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydro_rim_ ... E7fQ%3D%3D

Also, the rear fluid hose is not long enough so I need to install a new one.
I don't see hoses on Tartybikes website, any advice where to get that from?

Also not happy with the bolts that arrived with the mounts, they seem too long, and I really don't like the way they feel when screwing into the frame so will seek alternatives that feel better when tightening up.

Are the Maguras you're using HS33's then?
- I'm no Magura expert but the mounts used for the original Hydrastops on my RC100 look like this. Marked made in W.Germany too!!

I remember someone gave me excellent advice on the fluid hose too (I can't remember who :oops: :oops: :oops: ) that the modern one will fit the old Hydrastop ones.

There's plenty of Magura experts here.. I'm sure one will be along in a bit!

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• paceRC1008.jpg
    paceRC1008.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 829
  • Maguras1.jpg
    Maguras1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 828
Re:

Looks like I'm using the wrong mounts then...after all that!

It's these, which seem to be the only Magura offering out there. magura4boltblack2.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Just a quick update - not really seen the bike for a couple of weeks due to other life stuff getting in the way :roll:

It seems these washers allow the modern mounts to fit just fine with the Hydrostops, so no need to track down original mounts :)
A new length of hose has arrived too - technically I now have all I the parts needed to get it rideable! Just need some time... large_magurawasher.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

In keeping with my last post, I wish I had some time to work on this or any of my bikes! The nice weather is keeping me busy doing other stuff non bike related :shock:

Latest on the Pace is that I have set-up the front Magura, and in doing so have discovered that Maguras on direct mounts appear to be the most impractical things ever. For instance in order to get a wheel out you have to disassemble one side of the brakes, then set them up again after you've put the wheel back in? Or am I missing something? Letting the tyre down completely might work, haven't tried that yet. Getting a puncture on the move would be whole load more annoying now! :facepalm:

Re:

This is now fully assembled and ‘rideable’ :) I say ‘rideable’ as In building it up I’ve discovered that the rear wheel has a substantial buckle, so getting the rear brake anywhere near correct isn’t really possible. Guess I’ll be buying a truing stand and teaching myself to true wheels during the lockdown :roll: 4BF60E75-CF48-46ED-8853-2B93181D80DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Blimey, that looks great. Well done once again for rescuing it.

A couple of YouTube videos and a cheap truing stand should see you right. Reminds me that I need to sort out a set myself, which weren't tensioned properly by the LBS :roll:

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":1dzm302m said:
Seat stay bridge solution...

Looking good! :cool:
If you didn't know that an RC100 had no mountings for mud guards/reflectors - the bolt repair on the seat stay bridge looks almost stock. Good choice on colour, looks like an original renthal one like the original bottle cage mounts.

The only change I'd make is to either have 2 black or 2 yellow zefal bottle cages, rather than 1 of each. That's just me though, everything else looks spot -on.

Don't be daunted by wheel trueing/building. I bought a wheel jig, decent spoke key and dishing tool myself and so far have built myself 4 pairs of wheels. Plenty of on-line guides available. Give it a go!

Great job! :cool:

boy"O"boy

Back