orange sub5 build + other oranges

Thank you for that.
He already has a bike he uses. he has a 29er, he is quiet tall for his age. He is just interested in building this.
So just to be clear it is supposed to have 26". Would you not get at 27.5 in the front?.
I am actually trying to find the original specs for the bike also if anyone has any suggestions on where to find them
Frame itself is designed for a 26, could easy get a 26 2.5 in there
Back end not designed for 27.5 but with those oranges and the way they are designed you could get away with a 27.5 but only a smaller xc width tyre 2.1/2.2

up front depends on the fork you can run anything to your heart’s desire
I am converting an old 26 orange Mr xc to a 29/27.5 mullet for xc ing and all dayers
and have an orange gringo hard tail 26 which has a 27.5 2.5 in some old 26 fox van r forks and makes the bike really fun

I would say with that bike and him being fairly tall run a strong 26 wheel in back with a decent fatish tyre 2.35 plus then find a 130/140ish fork that will take a 27.5 wheel with a tyre up to at least a 2.35 with some mud clearence

some of the old 26 forks will manage a 27.5 with decent clearence but does need looking into and double checking

You could prob get away with a 150/160 burly fork with a 27.5 bit of you stick with 26 front and back you could def go with a 150 fork, most the old fox van r forks and 2008 onwards marzocchi 55/66s and lots of others will take 27.5 wheels with decent size tyres

Back