Orange Shockwave?.

Can't see why they call it a Shockwave although wasn't that the name of a big shop or importer bitd and if so brings up the chance of it being supplied to a race team? Interested to know if the lack of fade is original or done later?

Even though I'm skint I'd be all over it if the condition wasn't so bad.

sShokwave were pretty big back in the day and I think they're still going. I don't pretend to be an Orange expert - @brocklanders023 what's the deal with the straight line running to a point where the colours transition, rather than a fade?

IMG_7033.jpg

Last edited:
In a parallel universe somewhere, an avid collector has just bought that bike with the intention of cutting off the top tube, so they can remove the incredibly rare one-month-only-issue prototype zip ties in one piece without having to cut them in half.

Hands up, it was me. I was in the market for a Salsa stem as mine is a bit long. I noticed the pedals too so took the gamble. It arrived just now. Stem is already out and pedals are off.

Hands up, it was me. I was in the market for a Salsa stem as mine is a bit long. I noticed the pedals too so took the gamble. It arrived just now. Stem is already out and pedals are off.
I'm in the market for an as-long-as-possible stem, but a Salsa one may only be affordable for me if it's scruffy, hence my interest in this one.

Serial number is A309A0459

The 09 after the 3 maybe incorrect as they're hard to read. Does this mean September 1993, as I would've thought the frame was earlier? Sadly I think it's probably beyond saving

You had exactly the same thoughts as me Ade. I held out too long!

I suspected the pedals would still be smooth, though cosmetically challenged. Correct on both accounts, though they could look worse

Back