Orange MrXC - what should I do?

Gazjacko

Dirt Disciple
Local FB Marketplace bargain that I had to save from its fate. The question now is what to do? I’m going to repair or source a new rear mech (XT) but it needs shifters and brakes. I have a set of old Hope disc brakes, C2 I think, but they’ll probably need putting back together. Or I do have a set of blue Magura HS11/33s but that’d need different rims. Once up and running we’ll see how it rides!

Attachments

• 75C0A4DE-6160-45A9-8361-151180429433.jpeg
    75C0A4DE-6160-45A9-8361-151180429433.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 1,329
Re:

Okay I have sourced most of the bits, now I need to know if there are any pitfalls with cable/hose runs on the rear box section?

Re:

Good way to route the cables is to use a straightened coat hanger to stick right through then tape the cable to that. This assumes you have removed the old ones already, if not just tape the new ones to the old.

Sweet project btw. :cool:

Re:

Thanks, great tip! I’m going to try fitting some Hope C2s for braking so will I have to run the hose then connect and bleed?

Re:

I'd just run the hose along the top of the swingarm for now, until you see how the bike rides. Can always route it internally at a later date.
Cool bike though, don't see too many of them around.

Well that wasn’t as straightforward as I thought but finally I think I have a working bike (unfortunately I can’t test ride as I am confined to the house as one of the ‘shielding’ group).
The brakes took some sorting but I think it will stop okay now! :D

Attachments

• A5EBFE8E-6364-4476-BF24-F1D6386F7A36.jpeg
    A5EBFE8E-6364-4476-BF24-F1D6386F7A36.jpeg
    802.4 KB · Views: 512
Re:

Just seen this thread, I have it's successor the Sub3 which I've made into a lightweight trail bike. I've taken the pi$$ a bit with longer forks and will be fitting some offset shock bushings to slacken out the head angle a bit further. A great riding bike with the "mandatory" Fox forks and Hope brakes. :)
Let us know how you get on once you can get out.

Back