Orange C16r

Burnsie_2002

Retro Newbie
Hello.
My first post so apologies. Was after a little advice after riding my old trek 7500 for many years and keeping the old dog running...I have a affection to retro bikes...not a huge fan of the OTT modern bikes. Appreciated they serve a purpose full suspension and all that.
I want to get my son a bike. He is 13 so was looking at small framed bikes..not so many around. What's people's opinions on this orange...modified to single chain ring on front. And wheels look different....what's it's worth is my main question really.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I’ve owned one of these C16r previously and they are a great bike.

Looks in good Nick and if undented, and as good as it looks in the pic then could be a canny find.

It’s retro-mod so would be worth asking to have any original parts thrown in such as the rear wheel which is different to the front and the old groupset and anything else he still has for it as that would make it worth more of the asking price plus some on here…

If you could get a bit knocked off then happy days 👍

Hi...I was reading your build on a c16. Looked great when finished...yes I agree it would suit a small teenager I think for sizing. He is just shy of 5ft... the seller says it would suit him for sizing was just wondering about reach also...but the stem mod may help on this....May take a punt on it....if I can make a trip in that direction for it. As it's 1hr drive away...do these single front cog mods work well...or do you miss the gearing ...I see now why the wheel has been changed probably to fit more gears at rear.

Cheers mate…

Yeah, I agree re the rear wheel and yes, a single ring narrow/wide front chainring are great. I have both my modern CX bikes with these rings and they are brilliant. Low maintenance and no issues coming off…
Make sure it is a narrow/wide ring though… that means that you have a thicker tooth then a thinner one to mimic the wider and narrower alternative widths between the plates of a chain link so there is no lateral movement.

Take a punt 😉

Back