Orange C16R 17 inch (Middlesbrough)

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ha, funnily enough I bought this and have since joined this forum to get inspiration. I'll be restoring it and converting it to an all round 'gravel' style bike for the side roads and forest tracks around these parts (Scottish Borders).

Well, that's my plan anyway.
Build thread or else!!! 🤣

Thanks @markoc, I'm already the proud owner of a Clockwork Evo (2017) and Alpine 6 (2019 frame but self built) so I'm delighted to get my hands on a C16R (1997, I believe). I'm a weird shape and trying to get a drop bar bike to fit me is a nightmare. I need something low and long and what better than to get an old school MTB with a long TT and build my own?! Even better that it's an Orange 🍊🥰

I hear you @Bike Hoarder. Been taking pictures as I go. It's already stripped and getting cleaned and blasted next week 😁

Thanks @markoc, I'm already the proud owner of a Clockwork Evo (2017) and Alpine 6 (2019 frame but self built) so I'm delighted to get my hands on a C16R (1997, I believe). I'm a weird shape and trying to get a drop bar bike to fit me is a nightmare. I need something low and long and what better than to get an old school MTB with a long TT and build my own?! Even better that it's an Orange 🍊🥰

I hear you @Bike Hoarder. Been taking pictures as I go. It's already stripped and getting cleaned and blasted next week 😁

You have a Big Ape Index (long arms)?

I'm the opposite 5ft10 tall with t-rex wingspan (5ft8.5).

Back