Sorted ORANGE ALUMINIUM 'O' ~17" GEN 1 OR 2

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.

Been thinking about building a 2nd 'O' for sometime now....and its time to get a wanted ad up. I'm expecting this to be a slow burner as they don't come up in 17" sizes very often. To make it even more difficult for myself :facepalm: .....I'm specifically after a Gen 1 or Gen 2 frame.

The versions are -

GEN 1 -
Frame numbers start A9102
Single riveted cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

~or~

GEN 2 -
Frame numbers start A106
Single welded cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

Ideally frame and fork but will consider complete bikes.

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy

Re:

Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2ab9u01j said:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?

Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":30aicrdb said:
brocklanders023":30aicrdb said:

Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clockwork davo":1dqjhadb said:
boy"O"boy":1dqjhadb said:
brocklanders023":1dqjhadb said:

Thanks Ed.

boy"O"boy

The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!

Cheers Davo. Thanks for the link.
Yep. That's a 4th Gen (breathes a sigh of relief ;)) - no chainstay bridge, welded top tube 'triple' cable guides, replaceable mech hanger and the purple colour.

Good luck with the roof! - since the last lockdown, I'd got all my jobs done so I'm in the fortunate position to build bikes in the mancave, hence my reignited interest in building a 2nd 'O' ;)

Easy to miss that eBay ad though with the description 'Mountain bike'!! :LOL:

boy"O"boy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout ;)

boy"O"boy":1x5eoqhf said:
brocklanders023":1x5eoqhf said:

Thanks Ed.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

The one Ed mentioned was a later O, if it was the one based in Todmorden West Yorkshire.

clockwork davo":29hjaxhg said:
Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout ;)

Will do. Cheers Davo.

Cheshire1980":29hjaxhg said:
cant believe I gave away a first batch 17 inch O, you could of had it if I knew. :(

Cheers Calum

If it's the same one as here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=410864&hilit=Orange+aluminium+O it's in good hands with stoney_god1975

Only thought about it during the last lockdown when experimenting with my 'O' and that one had already found a home.....shame. probably was a couple of months too late but it wasn't on the radar at the time. Expecting a long haul wait for one of these but thought I'd get the ad out there now.

Cheers all.
Keep your eyes peeled for anything.

boy"O"boy

yes thats the one, although I did not give it to stoney god1975, I gave to some of other chap who must of passed it on..

Back