Orange alu elite limited edition gold- decals question!

damianw

Orange 🍊 Fan
IMG_7557.jpeg
Hi all, I’m thinking of adding a third elite to my mini stable (well 3rd frame, only one is ridden at the moment, but ridden a lot). Are these decals original? I could find a standard elite with similar decals but the text in black. I wouldn’t mind a gold one, happy to change for Gil’s decals if necessary, and depending on condition may even explore of a similar colour anodised finish is possible now. Bike looks to be May ‘92. I’ve got one from December ‘91 and another from March ‘92.
Thanks.

Thanks for that- I was sure I had seen some gold ones with the original decals but my memory is probably playing tricks on me.

Most of them I’ve seen have a scrawly handwriting font on the top tube saying “limited edition”.

It’s possible they did them with the original font too tbh. I’ve got an interview in mbuk from the time where they say they’d bought a new decal machine and were spending too much time messing about with it so any of the designs are possible!😂

That’s fantastic! Thank you. What a great insight into the reality of small companies- I mean, just messing around and seeing what the new machine can do, just like any of us would. It’s so sad that they are in trouble. Wonder if they’ll somehow make it?

Last edited:
That’s fantastic! Thank you. What a great insight into the reality of small companies- I mean, just messing around and seeing what the new machine can do, just like any of us would. It’s so sad that they are in trouble. Wonder if they’ll somehow make it?
For sure mate.

I'll try and dig out the article. It's a joint one with Pace and has a table saying how many bikes they'd sold each year to that point.

Back