onegoodbike gets a slap.......

.........and there's been some changes made to the overall build over the first part of the winter

I managed to track down an Ibis titanium stem in the right size for me (only cost me my soul 🤣), which was nice. Meant I had to change the bars as there was no way this stem was making its way around the curves of a set of modern compact bars, so a set of Deda Speciale bars have replaced the Piega RHM's.

I also bagged a nice condition set of Mavic Open Pro Ceramic rims laced to Dura-Ace 7700 hubs, I think the darker rims work nicely with the rest of the bike.

Roll on the warmer months!....

spanky 8.jpg

spanky 7.jpg

spanky 9.jpg

FYI: I believe the tubing was referred to as ‘moron’ because it was heavily butted, and therefore there is ‘more on’ (material) the ends.

And looking good!

Amazing. Love this bike build! Super cool to see the Dream Cycles sticker as my Norfolk found Ibis Mojo obviously came from the same shop, I didn’t realise it was a Norfolk shop. I’ve only lived in Norfolk since 1983!
hi,

what's up with the weld on the seatube below the toptube

hi,

what's up with the weld on the seatube below the toptube

Morning,

I think I can answer that for you.

I'm assuming it'll be for the same reason as on Merlin Metalworks frames up to the late 90s.

I had a 98 Merlin Road frame with the same feature, after a bit of reading around the interweb it appears that a thicker walled section of tube is attached to the top of the seat tube to provide the strength required for clamping the seat post. Later Merlin frames lost this feature and had an Aluminium insert/shim instead, which I guess is a cheaper/easier option?.

OK-Kazunori has a build thread for his Mojo here - https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/found-my-mojo-now-build-thread.469170/

Cheers Matt

Back