One for the Lawwill lovers - Schwinn rebuild with twist ;-)

couple of slightly more recent ones, although have changed the wheels now, will take some more and put them up at some point!

btr_1_new2.jpg
btr_1_new1.jpg

yeah, Splashbacks will not be going anywhere near this bike, and probably no others in the wet too!

Re:

Great to see more pics of the BTR/Lawwill.

I have been mucking around with rear shocks and I came up with this.

4BSEPT14Shock_zps082e6bba.jpg

I took the Fox Vanilla R 2" shaft and put in on a Fox Vanilla RC body. I had to depressurize the IFP chamber disassemble the entire shock then rebuild it with the trunnion installed at the correct height. The trunnion will not spin on the shock as it will not clear the IFP chamber. Then I had to install a schrader valve on the IFP chamber so I could charge it with a shock pump.

This might be helpful for you if you decide you would like to have Compression and Rebound adjustment on the rear shock for your BTR.

Re:

Great mod! Thanks for sharing, I did think about doing something simulate with a piggyback RC I had spare but I didn't bother when I realised the trunnion wouldn't be able to spin as the adjustment is quite important to me.

Haven't decided about the Risse option yet, might take the plunge in the new year but for now the Fox Is doing a good enough job.

Re:

Yes, it is sacrifice to give up the ability to adjust the BB height/Head angle with the RC. I knew what height I wanted preset so it works for now. I am working on a solution to get that adjustment back.

I recently found a used Risse Jupiter 5. I had it rebuilt and my first ride was this past weekend. I think Risse used heavier oil that I did with my RCs. It is a bit sluggish. It might need some break in time and it was in the high 40s (F) when I was riding. I need to try a lighter weight spring as well. Overall it is a nice piece and the price isn’t so bad when you consider there are few alternatives.

I found these pictures on a Japanese website. I can understand how they plumbed the IFP chamber but I can’t see how they attached it sealed so it does not leak. That took some machining.

oddfoxshock_zpsb212c9fb.jpg

oddfoxshock2_zpsa8127387.jpg

Here is the Risse. This is how they get away with the piggyback IFP and an adjustable trunnion.

RisseJ5Trunnion_zpsf1cc1744.jpg

Is that a few millimetres of gap and free play between the trunnion and the shock body threading, hence necessitating the top and bottom spring collars to hold everything together?

Re:

Yes, sort of....

The spring collar is larger and not the same design as the collars for the trunnion.

The inside neck of the collar fits exactly in the trunnion to hold it in place, so when the top and both collars are tight, the trunnion does not have any play.

Re: How is the BTR Doing?

Thought I would stop by and find out how you and the BTR are doing. Check in with the Schwinn Homegrown page on FB if you like. Hope all is well with you Amedias.

Here's pictures of my lastest projects.

4B%20BBB%20Right%20Side_zpsw7uzihzu.jpg

27.5 up front

and this one,
4B%20Black%20Right%20Side%20Rear_zpscgfvdoj4.jpg

Back