Old bones exhumed...GT Karakoram elite

If you’re looking for one I think I’ve got the same model/colour Avocet saddle as in your photo of your bike aged 1 somewhere in the garage.

If you’re looking for one I think I’ve got the same model/colour Avocet saddle as in your photo of your bike aged 1 somewhere in the garage.
Can't say I'm not tempted...because of the attachment to this bike I could get very carried away! However it's what I've got in parts lying around type build....there is a plan for the old boy...but that's next year! Meantime a refresh as close as I can get to something like how it was early 90's..alive and kicking whilst the summers with us to enjoy!

Can't say I'm not tempted...because of the attachment to this bike I could get very carried away! However it's what I've got in parts lying around type build....there is a plan for the old boy...but that's next year! Meantime a refresh as close as I can get to something like how it was early 90's..alive and kicking whilst the summers with us to enjoy!
Seeing the whole thing, the splatter paint is incredibly cool. Really like the cyan-ish blue colour. I honestly wouldn't do anything to the paint (you mentioned that in the bar...)

Keep the Mickey-scars and treat 'em to some linseed oil and you can treat yourself to some as well. Tasty stuff. Preserves you!

Seeing the whole thing, the splatter paint is incredibly cool. Really like the cyan-ish blue colour. I honestly wouldn't do anything to the paint (you mentioned that in the bar...)

Keep the Mickey-scars and treat 'em to some linseed oil and you can treat yourself to some as well. Tasty stuff. Preserves you!
It's easy paint to touch up when it's just nicks and scuffs that are small but incredibly difficult to replicate big patches and blend them in 🤨
There's primer, basecoat white, there's a metallic dusting of silver then the blue which seems translucent like a tinted lacquer... then black flecks....and some point in all that lot it gets flicked with thinners so the white base comes through.....then it's all lacquered! Every single one I've had is so so different ! It's luscious paint the best GT ever did I think.

It's easy paint to touch up when it's just nicks and scuffs that are small but incredibly difficult to replicate big patches and blend them in 🤨
There's primer, basecoat white, there's a metallic dusting of silver then the blue which seems translucent like a tinted lacquer... then black flecks....and some point in all that lot it gets flicked with thinners so the white base comes through.....then it's all lacquered! Every single one I've had is so so different ! It's luscious paint the best GT ever did I think.
Proper intricate stuff. That's why I say just leave it as is, but I'm also the worst influence as I can't be arsed with stuff and I don't own a single bike that isn't a bit (or very) scuffy except for my Cross Check which is nearly mint...

Nice look forward to seeing this progress. Mine is currently out on loan with my brother but I should be getting it back soon as I'm going to build him something a bit special to use. It will be interesting to see what state I get the GT back in as it was pretty nice when I have it to him. If you want some Brahma bars I've got a pair somewhere so just shout.

Nice look forward to seeing this progress. Mine is currently out on loan with my brother but I should be getting it back soon as I'm going to build him something a bit special to use. It will be interesting to see what state I get the GT back in as it was pretty nice when I have it to him. If you want some Brahma bars I've got a pair somewhere so just shout.
Hope it returns in fine fettle ! At least tidier than mine I hope 😄
Oooh Brahma....hmmm....yummy...

Another grave robbing discovery has been made😄
Found these crusty pedals...I was mashing down on these I think about 94 - 95... Let's give them a shot of loving resto pizzazazzzery....damn were those little cage screws tight....

IMG_20220810_113943_848.jpg

Back