**OFFROAD / PROFLEX 552 - REDUCED - NOW A PAULTRY £150!!**

rascal

Senior Retro Guru
:) Alright folks,

It is with a heavy heart that I am testing the water with this baby :(,
but the aquisition of a recent new house (which requires more than its fair share of tlc) and garage/shed already full of bikes I have to thin out the heard :(
Pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darldez1/ ... 6160276272

As you will see it is in exceptional condition for its age - not factory fresh but a genuine low mileage example in (virtually) original spec.

I've not re-searched how Offroad meas.these so I'll give you the measurements (and how I arrived at them) and you can decide from there (I'm 5' 10" and as shot is a comfortable size for me)
centre of b/b to centre of top tube: 16"
centre of b/b to centre of seat stay tube: 18"
centre of b/b to top of seat tube: 20"

- Paintwork to frame is in lovely condition with the odd chip/scratch. The blue is lovely and deep.
The rear stays (silver) have been touched in and if I was being picky I might have had them powder coated but they are presentable as are.

- All components, wheels, mechs, brakes........ have seen absolutely minimal usage and are in superb condition, as befits a low mileage example.

- Unusually for the age the elastomers have not collapsed/split/turned to mush. Naturally they will have hardened with age and wont offer the performance intended but for originality they look the business!

I've just replaced all cables for stainless steel jobbies, so if you intend to push into use its all ready to roll!

I really don't have much more to say - please pour over the images and if you require anymore or have any questions drop me a line.

I'd like £150 for it, which I think is fair considering condition and the fact that less interesting bikes of the same age can reach these figures.
If you think I'm talking out of the top of my hat and the price is pie in the sky, do let me know :)

I can post, although, due to current workload I'd rather not - but again drop me a line and we could possibly work something out.

Re: Offroad

Once A Hero":22k4undj said:
Very nice :)
I think the price is fine.
GLWTS.

Thank you kind sir :cool:

ROLL UP ROLL UP!! everyone else.......dont be afraid to ask for more images.......ask questions.........register genuine interest.........make (very close) offers :LOL:

Joking aside this is genuinely lovely bike with a light and snappy ride - drop me a line if you'd like to know more.

I'll attempt to put my hands on a box and have it packaged within a reasonable time should any from further afield wish to add this lovely steed to their collection ;)

Cheers,

Darren

Re:

I can't believe I've not had one show of interest type bump :shock: :( :)

will consider genuine offers..........

I'm absolutely astonished this is still here. If there are any new members lurking who want a good Retro introduction to early suspension this has got to be a bargain.

If I had the room for another I'd snap it up.

Hoping it sells as splitting would be a crime :(

Re: Pro flex

Minifreak":3e6jboph said:
I'm absolutely astonished this is still here. If there are any new members lurking who want a good Retro introduction to early suspension this has got to be a bargain.

If I had the room for another I'd snap it up.

Hoping it sells as splitting would be a crime :(

Thanks Minifreak.........I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought these were an important and cool bicycle.

And yep, I'm loathed to split but it it looks as though its the only way to get rid :shock:

Come on.....somebody give it a good home!!

Back